PVAD

Let's all laugh at Arsenal - A New Dawn

I said, months ago, that Arsenal would fade away before the season ends.

I also said that Spurs and Everton will not last the distance. They are still up there but I still doubt they'll last the distance.

I said the only ones to worry about would be Chelsea and City.

but I also said that Liverpool would fuck things up as usual. They are proving me wrong right now. Still time though. (y)

In the end though it doesn't matter to me. I've been a United supporter for about 45 years and after the 70's /80's I've been laughing at the fucking lot of them.

I'm still laughing today, and probably will be for the next decade or two. :rofl:

I would be extremely peeved at John Henry from Liverpool right about now if I was an Arsenal fan.

They basically flouted the law in not accepting Arsenals 40m offer for Suarez, which met his release clause, said "ok this time we're just going to ignore the legal terms of a contract and throw a hissy fit to keep this guy because we don't think arsenal will have the time or inclination to take the legal route"

And now he's taken to laughing about it and gloating?

Surely Arsenal now have the grounds to sue John Henry and Liverpool?

If you don't want a player to release for a certain amount you don't allow it in their contract - you can't just fucking IGNORE it and dig your heels in and then boast and brag about it in public.

On the one hand he's saying that contracts don't mean anything because a player can leave before they're finished and at the same time he's publicly admitted that Liverpool chose to ignore Arsenal's offer despite it meeting the buyout clause in Suarez' contract.

It would be an absolute farce if they're not fined by the FA for his comments.

Wenger bottled it again by not signing a striker in summer and then in January.

Fergie would not sign midfielder and Wenger does not sign strikers .... but the difference shows in the trophies won. No matter what state the current utd squad is in, Fergie plucked out RVP when he was available and won the title last season. Inspite of having some of the best midfielders all along Wenger struggling to win any in the last 8-9 seasons now.

I kept saying that Arsenal would be found out during February and March when they faced the fixture list from hell.

To be honest, after the thumping they took against Liverpool I was surprised they managed to beat them in the FA Cup so there is still some hope of a trophy for the Gunners this season. However, the defeat to Stoke could not have come at a worse time considering their next 5 fixtures...

Everton (Home, FA Cup)

Bayern Munich (Away, Champions League)

Tottenham (Away, Premier League)

Chelsea (Away, Premier League)

Man City (Home, Premier League).

The FA Cup game against Everton is absolutely massive for them because I confidently predict they will be out of the Champions League and Premier League title race by the end of March.

I don't think they'll win another trophy under Wenger.

My sentiments exactly.

Undoubtedly two huge losses to the squad, especially Ramsey, but even if they hadn't have got injured, I'd be very confident of Arsenal not being in the title race come April/May anyway. They still don't have what it takes to challenge for PL honours, namely steel and grit. We had Fergie's determination for the past few seasons despite our shite midfield. Arsenal just want to play pretty football, you need more than that to challenge for the PL title. And that won't change whilst Wenger is in charge because he's just as stubborn as Fergie, just not as good a motivator. 

My sentiments exactly.

Undoubtedly two huge losses to the squad, especially Ramsey, but even if they hadn't have got injured, I'd be very confident of Arsenal not being in the title race come April/May anyway. They still don't have what it takes to challenge for PL honours, namely steel and grit. We had Fergie's determination for the past few seasons despite our shite midfield. Arsenal just want to play pretty football, you need more than that to challenge for the PL title. And that won't change whilst Wenger is in charge because he's just as stubborn as Fergie, just not as good a motivator.

I never thought they were going to win it simply because they always bottle it in the last couple months but they still stood a much better chance when Ramsey and Walcott were fit. Those two were supply countless goals and assists and the loss of those two has been huge.

I don't think they'll win another league title under Wenger. Like you said he's far too stubborn and they simply don't have the mental toughness to go all the way.

To add to this...Jack Wheelchair out for 6 weeks with a hairline fracture of foot...that means hes out for a year then on his record, right?

-e- Beaten to it, damn you RDR!

Edited by Kez

When I saw the tackle and the amount of pain Wilshere was in I thought he could have broken his foot. I was really surprised when he carried on playing. Arsene Wenger will be fuming.

That's typical english mentality by Wilshire. Not really his fault, it's the way you're brought up, conditioning, I suppose. I used to think it was impressive too. Only in England would you be praised though for doing that, playing through the pain, making a last ditch tackle where you save the team from conceding, throwing your head in front of the ball etc.

Obviously as I grew up I realised the best footballers were either already in the correct positions, they had quick feet, they weigh up the options knowing the right moments to put their foot in or intercept. It's something that can go quite unnoticed but is impressive.

Not saying good players can't get injured, some are just plain unlucky.

Wilshere went in halfheartedly that's why he got injured.  He's gone into a tackle with the outside of his boot that's why he's sidelined. He is not the quickest at recovering from injury. His WC place may be in jeopardy.

Wilshere went in halfheartedly that's why he got injured.  He's gone into a tackle with the outside of his boot that's why he's sidelined. He is not the quickest at recovering from injury. His WC place may be in jeopardy.

Oh no, how will England survive?  :blum:

The lad is the new Darren Anderton.

Oh no, how will England survive?  :blum:

The lad is the new Darren Anderton.

"Sicknote" they used to call Anderton. At least he can say he scored in a WC, unlike most. 

Edited by DJSmith

Good God, I knew Arse would capitulate but they've taken bottling it to a whole new level!

By the way they're playing even we could catch them.....and we're absolutely shite!!!

Edited by PVAD

To add to this...Jack Wheelchair out for 6 weeks with a hairline fracture of foot...that means hes out for a year then on his record, right?

-e- Beaten to it, damn you RDR!

Jack Wheelchair. Love it.  :1st: