• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will not find two better examples of what it means to be not just a great athlete but a great human being as well. Hats off to both, devastated one of them had to lose. 

Congratulations to Andy Murray, the new best player in the world.

Federer was sublime.

• 3 weeks later...

Loads of seeds out already. Ttsitsipas, Dimitrov, Zverev etc.

Djokovic has a free pass the to the final. His only potential tight match is Raonic but really that's easy for him. Nadal has some tough ties with Cilic and Kyrgios (if they win) and Federer will be happy until the semi where he may face.....Nadal.

Djokovic vs Nadal to be the final. I think this is a pretty massive GS (as is the USO) in terms of GOAT status. Nadal will guarentee himself to surpass Federer's 20 if he wins either, both slams may be Fed's last chance to win another and if Djokovic wins, he'll be on 16. If he was to beat Federer in the final, it would be 8-5 to Fed in Wimbledons but 3-0 to Djokovic in Wimby finals!

Edited by TheManc
On 01/07/2019 at 20:22, TheManc said:

Loads of seeds out already. Ttsitsipas, Dimitrov, Zverev etc.

Djokovic has a free pass the to the final. His only potential tight match is Raonic but really that's easy for him. Nadal has some tough ties with Cilic and Kyrgios (if they win) and Federer will be happy until the semi where he may face.....Nadal.

Djokovic vs Nadal to be the final. I think this is a pretty massive GS (as is the USO) in terms of GOAT status. Nadal will guarentee himself to surpass Federer's 20 if he wins either, both slams may be Fed's last chance to win another and if Djokovic wins, he'll be on 16. If he was to beat Federer in the final, it would be 8-5 to Fed in Wimbledons but 3-0 to Djokovic in Wimby finals!

Agree with you Djokovic v Nadal.

This could be the last year we see the 3 greats all together at Wimbledon as I feel Federer will bow out. Would be unbelievable if he wins it probably the greatest ever...depending on how long Nadal can last...but for all round game Federer was a machine...only Sampras comes close on grass to him.

Thiem and Ttsitsipas disappeared already both who had powerful French Opens. That Querrey and his service game OMG but never quite manages beyond the quarters here.

In the womens can't see past Kerber and Barty could be a funny tournament with Mugruza Ostenpenko Sharapova Osaka Venus already on the plane home. Will take a monumental effort for Serena to win it.

I've got £20 E/W on Nadal and got 6-1 on him which was very decent pre-tournament odds. ?? 

Edited by PVAD
17 hours ago, PVAD said:

Agree with you Djokovic v Nadal.

This could be the last year we see the 3 greats all together at Wimbledon as I feel Federer will bow out. Would be unbelievable if he wins it probably the greatest ever...depending on how long Nadal can last...but for all round game Federer was a machine...only Sampras comes close on grass to him.

Thiem and Ttsitsipas disappeared already both who had powerful French Opens. That Querrey and his service game OMG but never quite manages beyond the quarters here.

In the womens can't see past Kerber and Barty could be a funny tournament with Mugruza Ostenpenko Sharapova Osaka Venus already on the plane home. Will take a monumental effort for Serena to win it.

I've got £20 E/W on Nadal and got 6-1 on him which was very decent pre-tournament odds. ?? 

Querry suffers once the grass becomes cut up and becomes even slower. Nadal vs Kyrgios tommorow will be great though....sorry but the Fed fan in me hopes you lose that £20 ?

23 hours ago, Txrt said:

VAMOS RAFA! TO DEATH WITH YOU TOMORROW AGAIN AGAINST THAT BIGMOUTH CUNT THAT KYRGIOS IS. 

SHOW HIM WHAT A CHAMPION DOES AND IS. 

Kyrgios is great! Entertaining at least. Good news for Rafa is Cilic is 2 sets down to Sousa atm. Cilic beat Nadal 6-3, 6-3 last week. Suddenly Nadal's brutal draw isn't so bad if he can get past Kyrgios.

edit:

Cilic is out. 

Edited by TheManc

Kyrgios can get injured in both knees for all I care. A disgraceful, disrespectful, overrated, big-mouthed idiot that won nothing and thinks he's someone to talk about Nadal, Djokovic, Federer etc.

Sit down and learn son.

I hope to hear Nadal scream some VAMOSes in his fucking face in this second set.

44 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Kyrgios can get injured in both knees for all I care. A disgraceful, disrespectful, overrated, big-mouthed idiot that won nothing and thinks he's someone to talk about Nadal, Djokovic, Federer etc.

Sit down and learn son.

I hope to hear Nadal scream some VAMOSes in his fucking face in this second set.

tbf he doesn't ever doubt their abilities. 

1-1 all now. Kyrgios is fuming lol. He was right tbf.... but NK needs to get over it. He'll never win a Slam but he doesn't care. He even says he hates tennis. Think Nadal will wear him down....he's too strong mentally. 

This is fun to watch though!

Edited by TheManc

6-3, 4-6, 7-6, 7-6 then. Two tie breaks settled it, which is strange since Nick was 5-0 in tie breaks vs Nadal before today.

Nadal/Federer/Djokovic should all reach the semi finals now (Djokovic the final), probably by losing 1 set at best. There's no one left who can do much damage to any of them unless they have shockers. I guess Tsonga may push to a tie break if he serves well.

1 hour ago, TheManc said:

tbf he doesn't ever doubt their abilities. 

1-1 all now. Kyrgios is fuming lol. He was right tbf.... but NK needs to get over it. He'll never win a Slam but he doesn't care. He even says he hates tennis. Think Nadal will wear him down....he's too strong mentally. 

This is fun to watch though!

He's noone to talk about champions though, when he's literally won 1 title. He just talks a lot of shit, talks as if he won everything and man, you should shut the fuck up and start winning something if you want to talk. The excuses of I don't like tennis, I don't work on my tennis etc are boring. If you don't like it quit it, if you're playing, stop the excuses and compete.

Well done by Nadal just shaking hands and leaving. It was a tough match for him, never in rhythmn, never enjoyed it today out there but still stayed serious and did the job. Hopefully playing against a great server like Kyrgios will be good for him in the future rounds. 

Vamos Rafa siempre.

11 minutes ago, Txrt said:

He's noone to talk about champions though, when he's literally won 1 title. He just talks a lot of shit, talks as if he won everything and man, you should shut the fuck up and start winning something if you want to talk. The excuses of I don't like tennis, I don't work on my tennis etc are boring. If you don't like it quit it, if you're playing, stop the excuses and compete.

Well done by Nadal just shaking hands and leaving. It was a tough match for him, never in rhythmn, never enjoyed it today out there but still stayed serious and did the job. Hopefully playing against a great server like Kyrgios will be good for him in the future rounds. 

Vamos Rafa siempre.

Sure I agree with you, though personally I like him being outspoken. A lot of what he says is actually true (especially in that podcast) and everyone says it, just not publicly much. Djokovic always used to have his heart questioned and his own coach admitted he's jealous of the love Rafa/Fed receive. Meanwhile, Nadal is always getting time violations/complaints over slowing the game down and the top players do get certain benefits from umpires (as we saw today when Nadal was gifted a point). Obviously he becomes a brat on court when things don't go his way, but I like that too ?

Kyrgios  a nightmare opponent for Rafa (Fed too). Probably the one player in the entire draw neither wanted to face outside of each other + Novak + Del Potro (who is injured).

Nadal could really win it this year. He was basically a point away from winning it last year. 

Edited by TheManc
14 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Sure I agree with you, though personally I like him being outspoken. A lot of what he says is actually true (especially in that podcast) and everyone says it, just not publicly much. Djokovic always used to have his heart questioned and his own coach admitted he's jealous of the love Rafa/Fed receive. Meanwhile, Nadal is always getting time violations/complaints over slowing the game down and the top players do get certain benefits from umpires (as we saw today when Nadal was gifted a point). Obviously he becomes a brat on court when things don't go his way, but I like that too ?

Kyrgios  a nightmare opponent for Rafa (Fed too). Probably the one player in the entire draw neither wanted to face outside of each other + Novak + Del Potro (who is injured).

Nadal could really win it this year. He was basically a point away from winning it last year. 

He was a stolen last year because for some unthinkable reason someone thought that the match vs Nole should be played with the roof on.

Hope he wins it.

8 hours ago, aardvarked said:

Kyrgios is one of the biggest cunts I've ever seen in sport. Not even vaguely in an endearing way either. 

I only found out who he was yesterday and I’ve never loved a person more than I do now.

What a hero. No fucks given.

Kyrgios IS tennis.

Shame he’s pretty shit at it though. 

13 hours ago, Txrt said:

Vamos Rafa siempre.

Nadal should retire after that. Done in by the serve of a 7 year old girl.

3 hours ago, TFIA said:

Kyrgios IS tennis.

Shame he’s pretty shit at it though. 

Nadal should retire after that. Done in by the serve of a 7 year old girl.

Nadal would never quit, unless he wants to. There's nothing in the planet that can stop that monster of a person, the best mentality in the history of sports. The fucking best thing Spain ever gave the world. The king.