dualtamac

Tennis

The Fed Express is back on the rails.  :cool:

4-1 up in the 3rd set currently :)

Edit:

Good chance for Fed to go 5-1, but it's 4-2.

Fed serving. His current serve % is less than 50% which is a worry.

Edited by TheManc

Federer wins!

Next up is Indian Wells + Miami. Federer reached the 1/4s in IW last year and didn't enter Miami so he has some points to gain. Especially since Murray reached the 1/4s in IW + won Miami.

Both are 1k events.

Interesting day at Indian Wells.

Murray was 6-7, 6-3, 3-4 with his opponent serving at 40-0, but he managed to claw it back and won the set 6-4 to go through.

Federer beat Tursanov 7-6, 7-6.

Nadal lost to Dolgopalov 3-6, 6-3, 6-7.

Murray was in line to face Nadal in the 1/4 final. Federer is in his half and will play Wawrinka if they both get through. Djokovic given a free pass really as Del Potro pulled out and Tsonga + Berdych are out.

There's a chance Murray and/or Federer could shoot up the rankings now. DP is slightly above Federer but will now have lost a lot of points and Tsonga is a bit ahead of Murray and he's also lost points.

There's a possibility the traditional top 4 could be back to the way it was after the event after this one (Miami). Federer didn't even enter Miami last year. A run to the 1/4 or more might do it if he makes the 1/2 semi final here. He might need to win this event or at least make the final though.

I think Murray will get into 4th, but Federer will be 5th.

Edited by TheManc

Anybody watched Sharapova vs Giorgi?

I had Giorgio in a bet... It was a great game to watch... Not that good from a Sharapova fan standpoint, because she didn't play like she does, but yeah... Great win for the Italian it was, and great win for me too!

Murray's also out now. Lost to Raonic 4-6, 7-5, 6-3.

Federer vs Warinka tonight I think. Winner plays Raonic I believe. Assuming it's currently the 1/4 finals. Come on Fed!

Federer V Anderson next, Anderson put Stan out.

I enjoy women tennis a lot more for some reason. 

I think Na Li and Halep will play the final. 

Haleps improvement since last season at this time of year has been insane. One of the best on tour in terms of tittles, play and consistency without a doubt.

I hope Aga has something to say about that final, but I think it's really difficult. 

Federer V Anderson next, Anderson put Stan out.

Federer is now 5th in the rankings :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_BNP_Paribas_Open

Murray lost points but is actually up to 4th, because Berdych lost a lot of points. As things stand:

4. Murray: 4795

5. Federer: 4625

6. Berdych: 4540

7. Del Potro: 4270

If Federer beats Anderson he'll be on 4805. If he makes the final he'll be on 5045 and if he wins the event he'll be on 5445 points. The other 3 names in that list are stuck, they won't budge until after Miami.

Amazing set for Federer. Wins it 6-3.

This is what he can do when he's on his A game. 75% serves in. Won 71% of his second serve points too.

Though many a time Federer has dropped off early after winning the first. His A game is better than anyone else's A game, but his B + C can't beat the other top guys anymore.