Man, Golf, when did they become a professional football team? Will they give Man City a run for their money. Can they do it on a cold wet snowy windy night at Stoke? Is Tiger Woods the manager? Does he have more passion in his belly than Moyes? Lol I'm joking, hope this is moved to Other Sports too. :)

April – Masters Tournament (weekend ending 2nd Sunday in April) – hosted as an invitational by and played at Augusta National Golf Club in the U.S. state of Georgia.

June – U.S. Open (weekend ending with the 3rd Sunday in June)

July – The Open Championship (weekend containing the 3rd Friday in July) 

August – PGA Championship (3rd or 4th weekend after the Open Championship).

Can't wait for the first Major of the year next month. See if ADAM SCOTT can defend his title. Arguably the hardest of the four to win. Always tough at Augusta, unless you're Tiger Woods in early 00'. Roll on next month. 

Edited by DJSmith

Wouldn't have won it anyway imo. Adam Scott seems to be the man to beat right now and Rory's finding some form again.

I don't follow golf too much to be honest.

But it's always nice to enjoy Masters' Sunday on your couch, hangover and with a beer next to you.

So Adam Scott is your favorite, eh? I may take it into account if I bet on it... ;-)

History is against Scott as only three golfers have defended the Masters in fifty years, Tiger being the last. McIlroy is due another major and Mickelson was struck down with an injury recently so he maybe hampered slightly. It's quite an open tournament, literally. Scott has as good a chance as any.

I like and shall be following the text commentary on sky sports website but I haven't followed any golf in ages to be able to know what players are in form or even have a chance of winning it, although it's nearly impossible to call the Masters anyway.

What a shame that the greatest golfing tournament is upon us and no bastard in this place likes it.     :(

I will too.

And not only on Sunday, as I won't have too much to do with my leg like it is.

Phil Mickleson played the most fantastic shot on the 10th. Some are really handling the course well today. Scott included; -3 under. Mickelson currently +2. McIlroy -1, three off the lead. Finished.

Edited by DJSmith

Scott played really solid. 

Only hit a bad shot in the 12th, which costed him a double bogey. He still finished with 69.

One of the best opening rounds by a defending champion in Masters history. The last defending champion to shoot an opening round as low as 69 was Vijay Singh in 2001 but he was only =11th after the first day.

One of the best opening rounds by a defending champion in Masters history. The last defending champion to shoot an opening round as low as 69 was Vijay Singh in 2001 but he was only =11th after the first day.

I don't follow golf too much, but I was very impressed. 

Calm, confident, every choice was good (except that 12th), and he was putting decently.

Very impressive tournament by Bubba Watson. He won comfortably in the end with rookie, Jordan Speith, and relative newcomer, Jonas Blixt, his only real contenders.

Great to see Lee Westwood on the leaderboard at yet another major though. Surely his time will come?

Very impressive tournament by Bubba Watson. He won comfortably in the end with rookie, Jordan Speith, and relative newcomer, Jonas Blixt, his only real contenders.

Great to see Lee Westwood on the leaderboard at yet another major though. Surely his time will come?

LOL. Lee Westwood will never win a Major. Sorry, mate.