• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still the best player in the world when he can play his A game. Hopefully he can start to show it in more tournaments again, specifically the WC.

@TheManc, 147 maximum and 6-0 whitewash. GOAT. 

Manc being Manc

19 hours ago, TheManc said:

@PVAD Snooker thoughts?

Trump equalled Williams' tally of 22 ranking titles and then Williams won the very next one lol. 

Tour championship atm. And Hendry vs Jimmy White is the first round of the WC qualifiers!

Well he is 5-3 against Hawkins at the moment but we I'll probably win that then it's a semi v Ronnie in the Tour.

I know I saw that magical tie you couldn't make it up mate. Just hope Jimmy's ghosts doing come back and haunt him. Hendry made him his bitch during those WC Finals ...the one where he was miles ahead will haunt him forever I reckon. 🥺

O'Sullivan is remarkable 9-6 down to Hawkins hardly caring and heading out precedes to clear the table to make it 9-7 and then reels off the next 3 to win 10-9.

Through to face the Thunder. 5th Final this season at age 44 absolutely madness...oh but won none so far this season! LOL 😆

Still GOAT! 

2 hours ago, TheManc said:

Robertson will win this 10-7 I think. ROS was lucky last night. Hawkins choked. Been naff here too.

4-4 at the break but this evening Thunder was on another level taking 6 on the spin to win 10-4 leaving O'Sullivan the first player in snooker history to lose 5 ranking finals in a season.

Let's hope he equals Hendry's 7 next month.

5 final Ls in a row for ROS lol.

On 28/03/2021 at 22:23, PVAD said:

4-4 at the break but this evening Thunder was on another level taking 6 on the spin to win 10-4 leaving O'Sullivan the first player in snooker history to lose 5 ranking finals in a season.

Let's hope he equals Hendry's 7 next month.

Robertson winning the final meant he switches with Selby in the WC seedings. So minus the 16 qualifiers, the draw is as stand;

Ronnie O’Sullivan (1) / Qualifier

Anthony McGill (16) / Qualifier

Ding Junhui (9) / Qualifier

Stephen Maguire (8) / Qualifier

————————————

John Higgins (5) / Qualifier

Mark Williams (12) / Qualifier

Mark Allen (13) / Qualifier

Mark Selby (4) / Qualifier

————————————

Neil Robertson (3) / Qualifier

Jack Lisowski (14) / Qualifier

Barry Hawkins (11) / Qualifier

Kyren Wilson (6) / Qualifier

————————————

Shaun Murphy (7) / Qualifier

Yan Bingtao (10) / Qualifier

David Gilbert (15) / Qualifier

Judd Trump (2) / Qualifier

@TheManc unbelievable Hendry still has that stranglehold over White after all these years. Jimmy must be quivering in a corner somewhere thinking will I ever beat this cunt.

I think this will be the last time competitively they'll meet. It was fate that brought them together in this round and with it went Jimmy's chance of getting some sort of revenge closure on those horrible experiences he suffered. 

I personally think this will torture him all over again especially as Hendry hasn't played in over 9 years!! 

He bottled it.

Edited by PVAD

Yeah typical Jimmy tbh!

Why Eurosport doesn't put the qualifiers in tv, I don't know. Even if they share the rights to a small station like Quest like they do with the home nations or something.

I expect Hendry to be KO'd any time though. He won't make the last round and if he does, he definitely won't win it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

What's your take on this controversial 'break' stuff @TheManc

Don't think it will last long, but there was a tournament recently where basically every frame started with break off shot > leave a red > long pot goes in.

Tbh it's not like it takes up more than 3 shots to get back to a normal frame so it doesn't bother me (yet).

8 hours ago, TheManc said:

And he lost  a decider after throwing it away when 40 points up. McGill is bloody boring as well.

Mate he baffles me so he loses position on the blue and tries a quite ridiculous pot on the long red. The red near the middle pocket should have been his option for a safety. Let himself down. McGill very fortunate in the end. I thought ROS could do it this year and now I really believe due to the casual or reckless shots he'll never match Hendry's 7.

6 hours ago, TheManc said:

Robertson out! 

Selby absolutely dominating Williams. Looks like my Trump/Selby prediction is accurate. I put a tenner on Trump to win the tournament just for the sake of it, but I should have gone for Trump > Selby like I've thought from the start.

Trump trails by 3 now to Murphy 8-11

13 hours ago, TheManc said:

Time for me to jinx Selby - I can't see anyone beating him over 4 sessions. 

If he gets to 4 WC's I'll puke. It surely puts him top 5 ever, taking MJW's place.

Selby although sticks in my throat looks good but I can't help feeling it's Wilson's year. After that humiliation last year he is destined to do it. Put your mortgage on it Manc.😉😉

Selby dragging Bingham through the absolute dirt here! Playing on when needing multiple snookers, leaving Bingham going cold through not having a pot for 30 minutes even in frames Bingham is winning. Playing on while needing 5 snookers atm!

Should be 13-11 to Bingham though. 

There's one snooker. 4 more needed. 

Edited by TheManc
13 hours ago, TheManc said:

Selby dragging Bingham through the absolute dirt here! Playing on when needing multiple snookers, leaving Bingham going cold through not having a pot for 30 minutes even in frames Bingham is winning. Playing on while needing 5 snookers atm!

Should be 13-11 to Bingham though. 

There's one snooker. 4 more needed. 

Hypocrisy at its worst.

The twat called O'Sullivan out for what he's been doing against Bingham.

Glad the referee told him to get on with it. Can't stand the bloke! 

Wilson all the way for me.

Edited by PVAD