dualtamac

Snooker

One of the Triple Crown Tournaments starts tomorrow.

Trump will be aiming to retain his title whilst last year's runner up Ronnie O'Sullivan withdrew stating he wouldn't have given his all...becoming a bit of a prick more so than before. His legions of London based fans probably paid good money upfront just to see him.

I fancy Ding to come good for this one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/snooker/50867402

5 hours ago, TheManc said:

Maguire comes from 1-5 down to beat Robertson 6-5 so I'm 0/3 so far 😅

I'm going Carter mate just got this feeling after beating Selby.

Edit seen this...look at the sloppy look on Robertson's face!! 😁 😁 

Edited by PVAD

On 18/01/2020 at 23:33, TheManc said:

Bingham 10-7 Carter. 

Bit of an underwhelming final tbf. Bingham could be one UK away from a triple crown!

Close 10-8 and one away from a Triple Crown 👑 

My guess he will end on 2 majors that's it. 

1 hour ago, PVAD said:

Close 10-8 and one away from a Triple Crown 👑 

My guess he will end on 2 majors that's it. 

It's quite the career for him now. World Champion, Masters champion, 6x ranking event winner (14th on the all time list). He's earned himself a proper legacy.

31 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Selby Allen, Ding and Murphy already out the Grand Prix with O'Sullivan taken to a deciding frame.

@TheManc what's happening lol 😁 

lol definitely strange. Ding has been terrible for a long time though if you exclude the UK.

I  think O'Sullivan has to reach at least the semi finals to qualify for the next one of these ITV events. He's ranked 22nd IIRC and these three events go top 32 > top 16 > top 8. 

Trump probably gonna win it another event tbh.

21 hours ago, TheManc said:

lol definitely strange. Ding has been terrible for a long time though if you exclude the UK.

I  think O'Sullivan has to reach at least the semi finals to qualify for the next one of these ITV events. He's ranked 22nd IIRC and these three events go top 32 > top 16 > top 8. 

Trump probably gonna win it another event tbh.

O'Sullivan very very lucky to go through the lad Wenbo bottled it on the green! Higgins gets by Bingham.

O'Sullivan name on trophy for me. 😉 

8 minutes ago, PVAD said:

O'Sullivan very very lucky to go through the lad Wenbo bottled it on the green! Higgins gets by Bingham.

O'Sullivan name on trophy for me. 😉 

Needs to make the final this week to qualify for the next one, and if he doesn't then he'll lose like 250k and the way they were talking on tv, he may not even make the top 16 for the WC. He even entered the shootout lol

Edited by TheManc

15 hours ago, TheManc said:

10-6 to Robertson imo

Was a very tight battle in the end Dott came back from 9-5 down to 9-8 only to fuck up an easy red in the 18th.

Even then Robertson didn't look certain but deserved it..rich vein of form he is and an outside bet for the Crucible.

On 10/02/2020 at 13:48, TheManc said:

He's 2nd fav behind Trump IMO. I don't know who I'd make 3rd...maybe Selby.

Welsh Open almost immediately Trump Selby, Ding and O'Sullivan all through to the 2nd Round.

Wilson makes a 147 to probably secure the extra £5000 prize! £5 grand!! measly correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure some 147 breaks in the 90's were worth as much as the tournament itself due to their rarity.

Nowadays 147's seem 2 a penny hence the reduction in prize money.

13 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Ronnie destroys Selby and Wilson whitewashes the inform player Robertson 5-0!!

Ronnie was in imperious form and made Selby look ordinary.

If ROS loses the next match, he will go into the next tournament as the #16th player and face the #1 in the first round, aka Judd Trump lol.

Wilson upped his game against a ROS who literally gave up when the going got slightly tough but tonight Wilson was outed for being just a decent player which will have peaks.

Murphy destroys him 9-1 ro win the Welsh Open and pocket £70k. I can't see Wilson dominating the snooker scene like Selby and Trump have.

Edited by PVAD