dualtamac

Snooker

Big win for Robertson. He's now joint 6th with Selby for all time for ranking event wins (15). Next person ahead is Mark Williams on 22. Kinda hope no one overtakes that because it looks cool having the class of 92 all in the top 5 (2nd, 3rd and 5th). 

We're in the final lap of the season now, close to the WC. Hard to call at this point but I'm going with Trump. A lot depends on the draw obviously. 

Edited by TheManc

20 hours ago, TheManc said:

Big win for Robertson. He's now joint 6th with Selby for all time for ranking event wins (15). Next person ahead is Mark Williams on 22. Kinda hope no one overtakes that because it looks cool having the class of 92 all in the top 5 (2nd, 3rd and 5th). 

We're in the final lap of the season now, close to the WC. Hard to call at this point but I'm going with Trump. A lot depends on the draw obviously. 

I'm always loathe to pick a winner until the tournament starts, players can pick up or lose form in one single match at the Crucible because it's a long slog. I would love Judd to win it of course, but he wasn't as convincing in Wales. 

On 07/03/2019 at 21:31, TheManc said:

hard to look past trump for this event again.

Mate your streak is continuing - dumped by Robertson. 

Ros beats Allen tomorrow and will beat Robertson. He always seems to knuckle down when it's against better players 

That Ros v Higgins match earlier was the 43rd time they've met equalling Davis v White head to head.

Edit: Ros destroys Allen 6-0 to set up a final with the Thunder.

It's O'Sullivans 6th (Sixth) Final of the season at 43 years old. It's remarkable in all honesty as yesteryear it would make headlines if any player aged over 35 got into any final!!

Still looks strong and capable of going until he is 50!!

Edited by PVAD
Update

Just witnessed a genius at work.

Ronnie O’Sullivan makes history with 1000 centuries absolutely phenomenal achievement.

He did it in style too as he destroyed Robertson 10-4 and sealed it with his 1000th century!! Oh and to get from 99 to 100 in typical style he changed hands and played it with his left!!

Incredible really incredible.

Edited by PVAD

On 10/03/2019 at 20:29, PVAD said:

Just witnessed a genius at work.

Ronnie O’Sullivan makes history with 1000 centuries absolutely phenomenal achievement.

He did it in style too as he destroyed Robertson 10-4 and sealed it with his 1000th century!! Oh and to get from 99 to 100 in typical style he changed hands and played it with his left!!

Incredible really incredible.

Amazing. Trump will beat it though. 

7 hours ago, TheManc said:

Amazing. Trump will beat it though. 

I'll bet you £1000 for charity he won't mate.  😉  

He needs anotger 405 to tie notwithstanding Ronnie will be playing for at least another 3 season's. It's not impossible but highly unlikely.

Make the cheque out to Stand Up to Cancer mate 😉 👍 

35 minutes ago, PVAD said:

I'll bet you £1000 for charity he won't mate.  😉  

He needs anotger 405 to tie notwithstanding Ronnie will be playing for at least another 3 season's. It's not impossible but highly unlikely.

Make the cheque out to Stand Up to Cancer mate 😉👍 

Trump has almost the same century-frame % as Ronnie and is about 15 years younger lol. Remember there's far more tournaments now than there was in the mid 2000s so he'll definitely get it as long as he doesn't decline soon, which doesn't look likely when you see the ages of the top players now. The last 5 seasons he has made 82, 40, 70, 73 + 63 (and counting this season). He'll beat 1000.

Edited by TheManc

Top 8 player tournament atm.

Selby 8-9 Robertson

Allen 9-7 Wilson 

Williams 8-9 Trump

ROS 9-3 Bingham

----------

Robertson vs Allen

ROS vs Trump

If ROS wins the tournament he will become world number 1. But Trump will win this.

Edited by TheManc

Fucking Hell Manc and his predictions.

It was close but Ronnie takes 5/6 frames to secure a 10-9 win and sets a repeat of the Players Championship against Robertson.

Like Manc said Ronnie, if he wins, earns Number 1 spot in the world and the oldest number one in the world since Ray Reardon back in 1983!!!

Robertson will be looking for revenge but for me O'Sullivan wins this and creates another bit of history. 

Edited by PVAD