pailo

Athletics

I have a bet on Tinsley to win this... Let's see if he can give me some money.

Would put the house and car on Genzebe Dibaba to win by at least 1 second later, but I'd get like 10€ in return, so fuck it. It's also been a good long jump final thus far.

Julius Yego.   Kenyan, yes, Kenyan javelin thrower.  This guy learnt to throw the javelin watching You Tube videos.  He's just won the Gold medal at the WC. Absolutely remarkable. 

He won by 3 metres as well.   

Edited by DJSmith

The whole BBC narrative around Bolt/Gatlin was so embarrassing.

When it's the Diamond League they have a 'Bolt down' countdown clock before he competes. Although he is a legend, they brown nose him SO hard. 

The whole BBC narrative around Bolt/Gatlin was so embarrassing.

You obviously missed the excellent analysis by Johnson after the 100m race where he summed things up excellently, emphasizing that Gatlin wasn't the issue, he will come and go, the bigger issue was that there were 4 out of the 9 that raced who had doping history. 

The Chinese man who ran over Usain Bolt needs to be fined. What was he doing, holding £1000s worth of equipment on those scooter things? Lack of common sense and he is very lucky that he didn't seriously injure Bolt. 

Edited by djpailo

I thought that Pichardo would win today, but he couldn't. Very happy for Alyson Felix, though, classy woman on and off the track. 

Aries Merritt looked very dominant too in his heat today, hope he can get the gold home.

And obviously, the goddess of the World Championships on Sunday, Genzebe Dibaba.

What a complete mess. Either Coe knew what was happening and chose to ignore it (£££) or he was totally incompetent. Either way he is culpable, Russia should be banned until they sort it all out. We can't be fooled into thinking it's just Russia either, it's widespread and athletes who are caught need to have life bans and have no future right to be in athletics.

there is so much money sloshing around for the stars it's inevitable people will cheat.

And allowing any body to investigate itself is suspect.

In the cold war years they were all doped up to the eyeballs

Now about two thirds are.

For me they should let them all take whatever they want openly