khoazany

U18s/21s Pre-season/Friendlies 2015-2016

XI: J.Pereira - Varela,Love,Borthwick-Jackson,El-Fitouri - Pearson(C),Rothwell,Fosu-Mensah,Harrop,Weir - Fletcher

Subs: Redmond,O'Hara,Mitchell,Reid,Riley,Rathbone,Doughty

1-0 after 7 min by Fletcher's penalty.

Edited by khoazany

Scrappy but lively first half in a torrential downpour, total non-event of a second half. Only pre-season obviously but we're usually so much better in these pre-season outings against non-leaguers. Positives - Fletcher was a real presence first half, Rothwell was decent (without affecting things much going forward), TFM started really well (whole defence fell off badly after the break). No point dwelling on negatives, but Pereira really struggled with the conditions and El Fitouri... it's a great story but can't help but feel disappointed at him getting 90 while someone like Mitchell is an unused sub. 

Only using two subs just seems bizarre to me in general, especially with seemingly no other pre-season games arranged (unless you count the LSC game). Don't get the strategy at all.

Scrappy but lively first half in a torrential downpour, total non-event of a second half. Only pre-season obviously but we're usually so much better in these pre-season outings against non-leaguers. Positives - Fletcher was a real presence first half, Rothwell was decent (without affecting things much going forward), TFM started really well (whole defence fell off badly after the break). No point dwelling on negatives, but Pereira really struggled with the conditions and El Fitouri... it's a great story but can't help but feel disappointed at him getting 90 while someone like Mitchell is an unused sub. 

Only using two subs just seems bizarre to me in general, especially with seemingly no other pre-season games arranged (unless you count the LSC game). Don't get the strategy at all.

Hope it reminds people that TFM is still only 17 and need to take the step up step by step.

El-Fitouri...well I don't know how to make of him.Useful cover to have around I guess but I hope Joyce will opt for the younger options in the league if they're fit.

P.S: they might play the U19s vs. Rochdale?That might explain why Mitchell etc weren't used today.

Edited by khoazany

Another U18 tournament at Carrington today - United, Tranmere, Oldham and Rochdale. 3-0 win over Tranmere the only result I've seen.

Soon as I send that, more details emerge elsewhere

"Oldham 0-0
Tranmere 3-0 (J, Dunne 2, ?)
Rochdale 1-0 (Boonen)"

U21s beat Bury 6-1 today in a behind closed door friendly.

Team: Henderson, Love, Borthwick-Jackson, Mensah, Redmond, Digby (trialist), El Fitouri, Harrop, Fletcher, Willock, Weir.

Scorers: Harropx2, Fletcher, Willock, Mensah, Weir

Edited by khoazany

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Reserves-News/2015/Jul/burscough-v-manchester-united-under-21s-match-preview.aspx

Joyce confirmed that Tuanzebe,Rashford and Williams are still injured ahead of the friendly vs. Burscough

United U18s (with many U16s travelled) beat Ipswich 5-0 yesterday in a friendly tournament at Spurs.

Interesting that Tommy Martin (usually U15s coach) was part of the U21 coaching staff for the Burscough game (very vocal on the touchline too). Was another coach there that I've not seen before too, initials MF.

Less said about the actual game the better, probably. Several of the Burscough players were raving to their mates/family on the touchline about Willock though - he had a really good game. TFM, Harrop and Fletcher did pretty well too. 

Interesting that Tommy Martin (usually U15s coach) was part of the U21 coaching staff for the Burscough game (very vocal on the touchline too). Was another coach there that I've not seen before too, initials MF.

Less said about the actual game the better, probably. Several of the Burscough players were raving to their mates/family on the touchline about Willock though - he had a really good game. TFM, Harrop and Fletcher did pretty well too. 

Somehow I got an impression that Martin isn't a really good coach.Hopefully Willock will have a good season.Needs him to step it up.The likes of Weir need to perform to earn a good loan move.

Edited by khoazany