versa

The Promotion Thread

We had Blackett, McNair and Pereira promoted to the First Team this season.

Who do you reckon or hope would break through and be promoted for the next season?

Discuss or speculate here for us to mull and drool over.

I wouldn't say that Periera was promoted to the first team. He was used sparingly. This coming season will be his real breakthrough.

Of the players who have yet to make the first team bench, I would expect Pearson and Rothwell to go on tour and then both go out loan to The Championship by early September.

Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah will play for The U21s next season. I expect both to be involved in The Carling Cup squads. Probably as unused substitutes, unless we have another inevitable injury crisis.

I wouldn't say that Periera was promoted to the first team. He was used sparingly. This coming season will be his real breakthrough.

Of the players who have yet to make the first team bench, I would expect Pearson and Rothwell to go on tour and then both go out loan to The Championship by early September.

Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah will play for The U21s next season. I expect both to be involved in The Carling Cup squads. Probably as unused substitutes, unless we have another inevitable injury crisis.

What do you think next season will hold for the rest of the loanees - Lingard,Janko,W.Keane?

What do you think next season will hold for the rest of the loanees - Lingard,Janko,W.Keane?

Lingard might feature as a squad player. It's now or never for him here.

I think Keane will be sold and Janko will go out on loan again.

Lingard might feature as a squad player. It's now or never for him here.

I think Keane will be sold and Janko will go out on loan again.

It was odd to me that Jesse played so much in the preseason and in the original 5-3-2. After he got injured I was surprised he wasn't retained. I don't think he really benefited from the loans.

Regarding the promotions, the tour will tell us a lot. I would suggest Thorpe, Rothwell and Perreira and perhaps a couple of the other U21's will be on the plane. Looking forward to seeing Fosu-Mensah stepping up to the U21's. The disappearance of Saidy Janko is a mystery to me. 

It was odd to me that Jesse played so much in the preseason and in the original 5-3-2. After he got injured I was surprised he wasn't retained. I don't think he really benefited from the loans.

Regarding the promotions, the tour will tell us a lot. I would suggest Thorpe, Rothwell and Perreira and perhaps a couple of the other U21's will be on the plane. Looking forward to seeing Fosu-Mensah stepping up to the U21's. The disappearance of Saidy Janko is a mystery to me.

Thorpe's not renewed.

Thorpe is looking for a new club. He might train with The U21s while looking.

Janko was out on loan at Bolton.

Thorpe is looking for a new club. He might train with The U21s while looking.

Janko was out on loan at Bolton.

Yeah I knew he was at Bolton, but quite why was a mystery, because LVG was obviously finished with Rafael.