Faz

Redirection on entry to site

I've been redirected twice on entry to the forum, once to Adultfinder!! 

Needless to say I can't be having that flash up whilst sat on the PC at home.

I've had the same problem as Faz and Paul. It varies each time. It's either one or the other.

Nothing to see to here, folks. Just Aardvarked and peterswellman pimping the site out for money.

How dumb are some of you people, honestly? Do you actually think you're the millionth visitor to that site? Do you actually think local singles wanna hook up with any of you pasty fucks? Have you learned nothing in your thousands of hours on the internet?

It is, yes - https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/v102043536_EndUserProfile_en_us

I'm looking into it, I've been reading through forums and people have had similar problems with IPB (the forum software we use) and url4short before. Have been through the whole site and can't find any traces of malware injection but it's possible that it could have been compromised, there was a security patch released on Friday - when did you start noticing the issue?

The problem I'm having at the moment is I can't reproduce it at all.

I've installed a security patch and done some other boring stuff to the server, let me know if you are still getting the issue.

Ok, after a lot of reading and looking around on the server it looks like this was caused by a security exploit within IPB rather than anything on your local machines. The forum has now been patched and I think I have managed to locate the compromised code and fixed the problem. 

Can you let me know whether or not you're still getting the issues

It is, yes - https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/v102043536_EndUserProfile_en_us

I'm looking into it, I've been reading through forums and people have had similar problems with IPB (the forum software we use) and url4short before. Have been through the whole site and can't find any traces of malware injection but it's possible that it could have been compromised, there was a security patch released on Friday - when did you start noticing the issue?

The problem I'm having at the moment is I can't reproduce it at all.

I've installed a security patch and done some other boring stuff to the server, let me know if you are still getting the issue.

"Why does everyone think I'm helpful" - Aard

This is happening again.

If you try to go to talkmanutd through google, it redirects you to "buildsolarcells" and some random letters/numbers site.

I just get adultfinder.

god bless ipb

why are you going through google anyway?

Because I use various different computers - I don't want to type "www.talkmanutd.com" in the address bar of a phone/tablet/computer ALL the time - it's actually theoretically less keypresses to just open a browser and type "talkmanutd" in to google and click the top link (which is this site).

On any of my own devices that's not an issue of course.  However these machines are not compromised by malware.  Is it just the advertising company that the forum uses?  I don't mind, it's not THAT obtrusive, but it does happen to have similar characteristics to browser hijackers, and any occurence of redirection to an unknown website should make any sane and savvy internet user justifiably wary.

Because I use various different computers - I don't want to type "www.talkmanutd.com" in the address bar of a phone/tablet/computer ALL the time - it's actually theoretically less keypresses to just open a browser and type "talkmanutd" in to google and click the top link (which is this site).

On any of my own devices that's not an issue of course.  However these machines are not compromised by malware.  Is it just the advertising company that the forum uses?  I don't mind, it's not THAT obtrusive, but it does happen to have similar characteristics to browser hijackers, and any occurence of redirection to an unknown website should make any sane and savvy internet user justifiably wary.

The forum doesn't use any advertising company, it's an SQL injection caused by an exploit in IPB that I patched and fixed last time but seems to have happened again. I will look into it.

You can type talkmanutd into your address bar and then press ctrl+enter on a pc or cmd+enter on a mac to load the site. You can also bookmark it to avoid using google until it's sorted

The forum doesn't use any advertising company, it's an SQL injection caused by an exploit in IPB that I patched and fixed last time but seems to have happened again. I will look into it.

You can type talkmanutd into your address bar and then press ctrl+enter on a pc or cmd+enter on a mac to load the site. You can also bookmark it to avoid using google until it's sorted

ah no worries, cheers dude