RDJ

The what game are you currently playing thread

Last Of Us delayed again ffs. Such garbage that they’d do that now for commercial reasons when gaming is about the safest thing going.

Anyone here played the Final Fantasy games? Would I have had to play the earlier games to get the VII remake?

2 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Last Of Us delayed again ffs. Such garbage that they’d do that now for commercial reasons when gaming is about the safest thing going.

Anyone here played the Final Fantasy games? Would I have had to play the earlier games to get the VII remake?

Exactly. Surely 80% buy their games online now instead from the store.

I haven't bought a physical disk in maybe 4 years.

Perfect market conditions. Bored people stuck at home.

10 minutes ago, TFIA said:

I haven't played any of them, but no. Loads of people started with 7 without playing any of the others. 

4 hours ago, O said:

Exactly. Surely 80% buy their games online now instead from the store.

I haven't bought a physical disk in maybe 4 years.

Perfect market conditions. Bored people stuck at home.

They will still take a hit on the profits, it's why they've made the decision. Either that or there's something really wrong with the game that they're not telling us.

The idea that they don't want it spoiler for people who can't access it, that they want to get it to everyone at the same time is nonsense. They want the most sales at the time when the price is at it's highest.

Disgraceful. Who cares that it would keep people safe. Drink in the capitalism. 

Major The Last of Us 2 leaks.

I avoided. But the plot, levels, spoilers, and gameplay are all out there, apparently.

Some employee leaked it and then Sony removed it, but fans saw it.

7 hours ago, O said:

The Last of Us 2 drops in a few days.

About f*cking time. 

I was actually trying to play through the first one again but as great as it's not the best to go through again. God of War for example I've probably played through four times.

Anyone spoiling should be banned and killed. Hoping to take my time with it. 

3 hours ago, TFIA said:

About f*cking time. 

I was actually trying to play through the first one again but as great as it's not the best to go through again. God of War for example I've probably played through four times.

Anyone spoiling should be banned and killed. Hoping to take my time with it. 

I've played it 4 times over the years. I played it again last year and still enjoyed it.

Nothing compares to your 1st playthrough.

ps4-only-on-playstation-a-very-angry-les

LGBT community up in arms.

11 minutes ago, TFIA said:

They’ve fucked it.

Spoiler

I already saw the leaks weeks ago, and it's looking like they were true. Revenge arc for Joel's decision at the end of the 1st game.

On 06/04/2020 at 18:39, TFIA said:

Ironically I'm now thankful that they delayed.

Got the physical copy and has been returned and refunded. Would have been down £60 had I bought digitally.

Have bought The Last Guardian and No Man's Sky with the refund. I got amped into gaming mode and I will have my time. 

6 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Ironically I'm now thankful that they delayed.

Got the physical copy and has been returned and refunded. Would have been down £60 had I bought digitally.

Have bought The Last Guardian and No Man's Sky with the refund. I got amped into gaming mode and I will have my time. 

I'm enjoying it. Why did you stop playing?

Spoiler

Joel deserved to die. He probably wanted to die, seen as he let his guard down for once. Living with and working with a community again probably softened him. An Abby would have reminded him of the two daughters in his life. Little did he know. 

Just now, O said:

I'm enjoying it. Why did you stop playing?

Hide contents

Joel deserved to die. He probably wanted to die, seen as he let his guard down for once. Living with and working with a community again probably softened him. An Abby would have reminded him of the two daughters in his life. Little did he know. 

Massacred what everyone loved about the original game.

Spoiler

Whether he "deserved" to die or not you don't do it the way they did - It's such a shitty way to remove the main character to that point and turned him into nothing but a plot device for this Abby story, which wasn't really appealing to begin with. There's no real equivalent in any game I can think of, it would be like having Revolver Ocelot beat Solid Snake to death with a bat in the beginning of MGS2 - . Much as I feel RDR2 was overrated that series has shown how you kill off beloved characters in an emotional way that does justice to their arc. This felt way too much like getting Joel out of the way to move on with an angry Ellie. it was pathetic. 

The whole success of the first game was built around the relationship between Joel and Ellie - the whole story told from his perspective. With him gone the game just felt empty and I found no reason to care for any of the new characters. Even Ellie became less because of it. 

Clearly not alone in feeling this way. The gulf between media scores (often paid and granted access for high reviews) and user scores says it all. That will be shaped as an SJW friendly game vs Alt Right trolls such is the state of today's discourse but most couldn't give a shit about that. 

1 hour ago, TFIA said:

Massacred what everyone loved about the original game.

Hide contents

Whether he "deserved" to die or not you don't do it the way they did - It's such a shitty way to remove the main character to that point and turned him into nothing but a plot device for this Abby story, which wasn't really appealing to begin with. There's no real equivalent in any game I can think of, it would be like having Revolver Ocelot beat Solid Snake to death with a bat in the beginning of MGS2 - . Much as I feel RDR2 was overrated that series has shown how you kill off beloved characters in an emotional way that does justice to their arc. This felt way too much like getting Joel out of the way to move on with an angry Ellie. it was pathetic. 

The whole success of the first game was built around the relationship between Joel and Ellie - the whole story told from his perspective. With him gone the game just felt empty and I found no reason to care for any of the new characters. Even Ellie became less because of it. 

Clearly not alone in feeling this way. The gulf between media scores (often paid and granted access for high reviews) and user scores says it all. That will be shaped as an SJW friendly game vs Alt Right trolls such is the state of today's discourse but most couldn't give a shit about that. 

Spoiler

liked his death. It was brutal. And unexpected if you didn't see the spoilers from months ago. He's still in the game if you play on. Lots of flashbacks segments where you see how his relationship with Ellie developed after the 1st game. He had to die. He was on spent time for a life of questionable decisions post Sarah. He committed terrible acts just after the outbreak and was pretty much broken until Ellie gave him a new lease of life. I liked his death. Not the cushy, Hollywood hero death. The main issue with it was him letting his guard down and not asking questions when Abby said she had people they could retreat to. Joel wouldn't have given his name up so freely in Part 1. But he's been working with the Jackson community for a few years by this point, and that probably softened him. He became more like his brother, trusting in humanity again. That they could rebuild. And Abby being a girl in danger would have helped let his guard down. Similar to Ellie.

The game isn't perfect. I'm about halfway through it now. And it's been good. But I already know that they drop the ball in the 2nd half.

A lot of the outrage is actually from anti-LGBT because they don't like that Ellie is gay. But if they played the Left Behind add on a few years ago, Ellie being gay was obvious.

The game mechanics are better now. And the rope animation is incredible. They have done great technical work on the game. But the plot let's the overall game down by the end.

Also, I miss shivs. Clickers feel different now. I preferred them in Part 1. More intimidating.

Edited by O

12 minutes ago, O said:
  Reveal hidden contents

liked his death. It was brutal. And unexpected if you didn't see the spoilers from months ago. He's still in the game if you play on. Lots of flashbacks segments where you see how his relationship with Ellie developed after the 1st game. He had to die. He was on spent time for a life of questionable decisions post Sarah. He committed terrible acts just after the outbreak and was pretty much broken until Ellie gave him a new lease of life. I liked his death. Not the cushy, Hollywood hero death. The main issue with it was him letting his guard down and not asking questions when Abby said she had people they could retreat to. Joel wouldn't have given his name up so freely in Part 1. But he's been working with the Jackson community for a few years by this point, and that probably softened him. He became more like his brother, trusting in humanity again. That they could rebuild. And Abby being a girl in danger would have helped let his guard down. Similar to Ellie.

The game isn't perfect. I'm about halfway through it now. And it's been good. But I already know that they drop the ball in the 2nd half.

A lot of the outrage is actually from anti-LGBT because they don't like that Ellie is gay. But if they played the Left Behind add on a few years ago, Ellie being gay was obvious.

The game mechanics are better now. And the rope animation is incredible. They have done great technical work on the game. But the plot let's the overall game down by the end.

Also, I miss shivs. Clickers feel different now. I preferred them in Part 1. More intimidating.

Spoiler

I feel it tried to hard to be disturbing, to genuinely affect the player emotionally. How people will feel about the game genuinely comes down to how you take the Joel scene - It either angers you in a motivational way or it just angers you in a fuck this game way. For me it felt more like a cheap way to progress Ellie's story than it did a fitting end for Joel.

I think it's a bit of a reach to say he would have softened up - that same camp was pretty vigilant of Joel and Ellie in part one. It was ridiculous naivety to be so trusting and out of character from what we knew of him.

I know he appears later on but the dynamic that carried that game is gone and led to such an anti-climax. I don't mind if others enjoyed it but I felt it was handled terribly. I never felt the gameplay was a strength of either game, it's why I didn't think the first was great to replay. The game as a standalone is impressive and I would have probably liked it had I not been invested in the characters - It looks fantastic and handed pretty well but it was always going to be the story that dictated how people felt. 

Left Behind got very positive reviews though, so that sort of contradicts your point. Bill was a popular character in the first game and he was gay. Obviously those right wing dickheads will get involved in the criticism but that's not the issue for the vast majority. The media were always going to play that up because they take any excuse to push a culture war. 

3 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

God bless these lads with the spoiler tags

Spoiler

your ma

1 hour ago, TFIA said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I feel it tried to hard to be disturbing, to genuinely affect the player emotionally. How people will feel about the game genuinely comes down to how you take the Joel scene - It either angers you in a motivational way or it just angers you in a fuck this game way. For me it felt more like a cheap way to progress Ellie's story than it did a fitting end for Joel.

I think it's a bit of a reach to say he would have softened up - that same camp was pretty vigilant of Joel and Ellie in part one. It was ridiculous naivety to be so trusting and out of character from what we knew of him.

I know he appears later on but the dynamic that carried that game is gone and led to such an anti-climax. I don't mind if others enjoyed it but I felt it was handled terribly. I never felt the gameplay was a strength of either game, it's why I didn't think the first was great to replay. The game as a standalone is impressive and I would have probably liked it had I not been invested in the characters - It looks fantastic and handed pretty well but it was always going to be the story that dictated how people felt. 

Left Behind got very positive reviews though, so that sort of contradicts your point. Bill was a popular character in the first game and he was gay. Obviously those right wing dickheads will get involved in the criticism but that's not the issue for the vast majority. The media were always going to play that up because they take any excuse to push a culture war. 

Reveal hidden contents

your ma

Spoiler

The name part was a bit unrealistic. He should have been using an alias. But I don't think him underestimating a young girl in need was. The Joel since the hospital massacre has been living with people, watching youths like Ellie and her friends grow up. He even mentored them. He had a house, hobbies and played the guitar. They even had social gatherings at bar. So he could be forgiven for forgetting what the world beyond Jackson was like after several years of relative peace. Bare in mind that Ellie finds out what Joel did to the fireflies. She goes back to the scene of the crime and forces Joel to tell her. She was distant ever since that day. I think a part of Joel wanted to die, after all the things he had seen and done. Guilt. Ellie certainly didn't make him feel any better about it. I think a better angle would have been Abby joining their community and earning their trust, only to to then kill Joel weeks later.

If there was any justice in the world, Tess wouldn't have died. And not a fucking mention so far in this game. Even Bill was referenced.

Downloaded football manager on android. In december already and managed to take united up to first although city and liverpool still to come. Sold shaw, jones and ended ighalos loan. Bought a brazilian wing back, young swedish striker with good heading, an italian winger and a 17 year old from ajax.