jokerz

The Andreas Pereira Thread

Our youngsters look more comfortable on the ball than our first team

You know they call Joyce a defensive and traditional coach, but at least players who got skills still manage to show their skills under him, unlike some Scottish...

The tempo of the games are much slower and the opposition are much weaker. We should be creating more chances.

We look neat and tidy die to being afforded so much time on the ball. But just like the first team, we rely on individual brilliance to get us results. If Lingard wasn't around these past few weeks, we would have failed to score in quite a few games.

The tempo of the games are much slower and the opposition are much weaker. We should be creating more chances.

We look neat and tidy die to being afforded so much time on the ball. But just like the first team, we rely on individual brilliance to get us results. If Lingard wasn't around these past few weeks, we would have failed to score in quite a few games.

We have only an unfit Wilson as our striker and he's on bench so it's hardly anyone's fault.Apart from Lingard and Wilson Pereira is the only proven finisher in our squad.

We have only an unfit Wilson as our striker and he's on bench so it's hardly anyone's fault.Apart from Lingard and Wilson Pereira is the only proven finisher in our squad.

Our centre backs should be scoring braces a game at this level.

Sven Claes â€@svenclaes  23m

Brazilië U20-coach Gallo heeft gesprek gehad met Pereira afgelopen week in Manchester over zijn toekomst. That's it. Niks definitief.

Translate:

Brazil U20 coach Gallo has had talks with Pereira in Manchester last week about his future. That's it. Nothing definitive.

Edited by khoazany

Pereira hails father's influence

Manchester United youngster Andreas Pereira has revealed the influence his father has had on his fledgling career.

The 18-year-old has forced his way into the Under-21 side, starting again at Wolves on Monday, and is making good progress through the ranks.

Although he was born in Duffel in Belgium, his Brazilian background is apparent in his style as he is very comfortable on the ball. Marcos Pereira was a striker with Mechelen, Sint Truiden and Royal Antwerp and has helped his son adapt to the move from PSV Eindhoven.

"Everyone [in my family] is Brazilian - my father and my mother," he explained to ManUtd.com. "I was just born in Belgium. 

"I've played at Under-17 and Under-18 level for Belgium but stopped this year because I think it's more important to develop here.

"My dad was a player in Belgium and that is why my family was there. He helped me with everything. All that I have learned, up to now, is from what he taught me.

"I think it helps a lot that he was a footballer. Sometimes my dad can say after a game what I did right and what I did wrong. We talk a lot. I can even watch it back on video with him as well now."

source: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Mar/andreas-pereira-explains-fathers-influence-on-career.aspx

Edited by jokerz

Shockingly similar to the lack of movement we have in the first team up front, and the lack of pass options for the ball holder.

From what I've seen in the video, he wants to do too much when he should make it easy. His first time passing is pretty nice, should use it a lot more often and not turn and twist with 2-3 people in front as much. (I have no idea though, I'm talking just based in that video).

Shockingly similar to the lack of movement we have in the first team up front, and the lack of pass options for the ball holder.

From what I've seen in the video, he wants to do too much when he should make it easy. His first time passing is pretty nice, should use it a lot more often and not turn and twist with 2-3 people in front as much. (I have no idea though, I'm talking just based in that video).

This is one of his most terrible performance of the whole season.Shouldn't judge too much out of that.

This is one of his most terrible performance of the whole season.Shouldn't judge too much out of that.

I've seen other ones. I remember one at home vs maybe West Ham or something where I think he was great based on the videos here.

I'm not sure who it was against though.

I've seen other ones. I remember one at home vs maybe West Ham or something where I think he was great based on the videos here.

I'm not sure who it was against though.

He was always supposed to be hot and cold considering his tendency to make something out of nothing.

We should be patient with his development IMO.He's still very young (18) and has many things to unlock in his game.Good sign is that he's seems a determined trainer from what Joyce has said.

Edited by khoazany