MikeM

Formula One 2019 - The game of seats.

Preseason testing has begun in Jerez.

Mercedes owning all in the first couple of days - reliability seems good already.

Vettel feeling "re-motivated" at Ferrari, car's running well.

Williams rumbling along nicely, Sauber having a decent couple of days and McLaren are hampered by sensor issues.

Edited by MikeM

Mercedes logged over 500 laps at the Jerez test, reliability certainly looks good for them, Ferrari also showed good pace as well as reliability. A lot can change before lights out in Melbourne though.

A mate just joined merceded over at Brixworth and his salary has a bonus for podiums for the engines

250 for a win 150 second 50 third

Remember its for the engine so good chance of at least 300 every race weekend.

He was offered more basic to stay here but is confident that he will be quids in having seen the performance figures.

Also Honda are fucked by the no upgrades bullshit

A mate just joined merceded over at Brixworth and his salary has a bonus for podiums for the engines

He was offered more basic to stay here but is confident that he will be quids in having seen the performance figures.

Honda won their appeal I believe. Apparently what's nailed McLaren in the first test is "niggly little problems" such as sensors.

Edited by MikeM

I did say. I always get the le mans winner info so will pass on.

Mercedes are working on airflow changes to ensure more or less downforce without handling issues. Nobody else will get near this year.

No German GP this season. 19 races then I assume (unless they move it to somewhere like Imola for the "European GP")

Can't see that going over well with Bernie, Germany is a huge market post Schumacher / Vettel.

Great for F1 - a Vettel win although aided by the safety car, but a win is a win. Delighted for him.

I don't see it that way. Ferrari had a couple of advantages that would have given them the win, their car is faster in a straight line, and they managed their tires a lot better. That's all the more punctuated by Kimmi's amazing race despite (again) having terrible luck at the start. Don't forget he had a puncture on the last corner of the 1st lap and had to do a whole lap on 3 wheels. He literally passed the entire field, except the Mercs and Vettel. If he had a decent start, I'd wager we would have had a Ferrari 1-2.

However, let's not kid ourselves. Ferrari might be above the rest of the pack, but this race is a bit of a one off, the Mercedes' advantage is still very much there.

Anyone watching the process... er sorry, race - this afternoon?

Watched the GP2 lads yesterday, they've got DRS now. That's some excellent racing, Stoffel Van Dorne won.

I'm eager to watch it. The Ferraris have shown good pace, they'll give the Mercs some competition, but they won't surprise them like they did in Malaysia. Also, Kimmi being that high up this time, I really hope he can get a podium at least. I'm also curious about what the McLarens will do, Alonso got into Q2 for the 1st time this season, but Button's got issues with is ERS. I'd love them to get some points, but I don't think that's going to happen until the European races. 

I'm eager to watch it. The Ferraris have shown good pace, they'll give the Mercs some competition, but they won't surprise them like they did in Malaysia. Also, Kimmi being that high up this time, I really hope he can get a podium at least. I'm also curious about what the McLarens will do, Alonso got into Q2 for the 1st time this season, but Button's got issues with is ERS. I'd love them to get some points, but I don't think that's going to happen until the European races. 

McLaren - Singular. Jenson's not taking the start as they're concerned about the safety of his electricals. Best hope for a properly entertaining race is Seb taking Lewis early.

Edited by MikeM

McLaren - Singular. Jenson's not taking the start as they're concerned about the safety of his electricals. Best hope for a properly entertaining race is Seb taking Lewis early.

I didn't notice he wasn't starting. Bad luck... Massa started from the pit lane too, curious to see what he can do.