• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah it's not like it just happend this summer or anything 

oops logged into my other account! 

Ban every single man, woman and child who suggests we sign him and burn their crops. 

26 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

As in Diego Costa?? 
Never even entered my mind! 

Where’d you pull that one from? 

He’d put us in a worse position than Ighalo (which still makes no sense) because he’d be a permanent signing. 

Don’t want either. It’s like asking if you’d like to be gassed or drowned.... 

Douglas Costa Juventus-             

Gassed or drowned?  🤣😂  who's your preferred right wing targets then?   Or do you want none if we can't get Sancho

We're sitting in a few weeks time with no Sancho I can't see a huge amount of options out there that allows to be so dismissive of a Bale or Costa deal- 

7 minutes ago, O said:

I wouldn't take Bale for my 5-a-side team.

great-  who are you going after then if we don't get Sancho? 

Edited by CB78
douglas
Just now, CB78 said:

Daniel Costa Juventus-             

Gassed or drowned?  🤣😂  who's your preferred right wing targets then?   Or do you want none if we can't get Sancho

We're sitting in a few weeks time with no Sancho I can't see a huge amount of options out there that allows to be so dismissive of a Bale or Costa deal- 

Douglas. 

Just now, O said:

Play Greenwood and James, like last season.

Really?  think we'll be well short if we don't strengthen up front.  Already lack an out & out RW + signs were there towards end of last season, players burning out - injuries, rotation etc.

James doesn't do it for me, don't think he's good enough.  I'd loan him out & bring in 2 forwards - right wing in particular

Sancho preferably, if not one or preferably 2 of (depending who we can get) Kingsley Coman / Ous Demebel / Mous Dembel or (yes) Douglas Costa / Bale (for the right price)

8 minutes ago, CB78 said:

Really?  think we'll be well short if we don't strengthen up front.  Already lack an out & out RW + signs were there towards end of last season, players burning out - injuries, rotation etc.

James doesn't do it for me, don't think he's good enough.  I'd loan him out & bring in 2 forwards - right wing in particular

Sancho preferably, if not one or preferably 2 of (depending who we can get) Kingsley Coman / Ous Demebel / Mous Dembel or (yes) Douglas Costa / Bale (for the right price)

I wouldn't go near any of the overpriced players you've mentioned.

I'd sign Buendía from Norwich or take a chance on Stengs.

I 100% think we’ll get Sancho so the point is kind of moot. 

If we didn’t, I’d like us to gamble on Sarr from Watford. I’d rather that than keep giving James opportunities to murder attacks in their infancy. 

re. Costa; 

I wouldn’t want any player who jokes publicly about their injury record - just suggests the completely wrong attitude towards the game. 

16 minutes ago, O said:

I wouldn't go near any of the overpriced players you've mentioned.

I'd sign Buendía from Norwich or take a chance on Stengs.

I hear you- but they're only overpriced if they're purchased & come in overpriced?   I'm not suggesting spending £80m / £50m / even £40/30m or less on some of the names I've mentioned

These are players that are potentially (rumoured) to be available on loan to purchase type deals or lower end fees (in comparison to recent years) that for me are defo worth looking at 

We need proper quality, I get the whole UTD "change of policy, right type of personality, players on the way up" type chat but squad lacks depth, we need 4/5 players that go straight into 1st team & rotate comfortably with current best 11, not taking chances. 

Van de beek is a good start, another 3 + of the same calibre for me or we'll be going into the season short again-

Edited by CB78
W
3 minutes ago, CB78 said:

I hear you- but they're only overpriced if they're purchased & come in overpriced?   I'm not suggesting spending £80m / £50m / even £40/30m or less on some of the names I've mentioned

These are players that are potentially (rumoured) to be available on loan to purchase type deals or lower end fees (in comparison to recent years) that for me are defo worth looking at 

But at the same time we need proper quality, I get the whole UTD "change of policy, right type of personality, players on the way up" type chat but squad lacks depth, we need 4/5 players that go straight into 1st team & rotate comfortably with current best 11, not taking chances. 

Van de beek is a good start, another 3 of the same calibre for me or we'll be going into the season short again-

I would maybe take a chance on loaning in Dembélé with an option to buy, but the rest are a straight no.

Buendía created the 4th most chances in the league last season in the league's worst side. He plays RW, is 23 and would suit our style of play.

Stengs is a less high profile version of Sancho. Got 2 assist for Holland on his debut last year and was a big factor in why AZ Alkmaar almost pipped Ajax to the title last season, and might very well have done it had the league not been cancelled.

Young, technical players with their prime years ahead of them. Ideal profiles.

Chong might come back ready next season after a good loan at Werder Bremen. He's started well there during pre-season.

16 hours ago, CB78 said:

16 hours ago, O said:

Play Greenwood and James, like last season.

I'd first shore up the CB, LB and DMF spots before LW / attack.. besides I feel Rashford, Martial and Greenwood's growth would be stunted if we bring in big names up front. 

Free transfer for James Rodriguez, loan for Bale as back ups, but I'm rolling with our future core as the starters. I see greatness in them.

16 hours ago, CB78 said:

We need proper quality, I get the whole UTD "change of policy, right type of personality, players on the way up" type chat but squad lacks depth, we need 4/5 players that go straight into 1st team & rotate comfortably with current best 11, not taking chances. 

Van de beek is a good start, another 3 + of the same calibre for me or we'll be going into the season short again-

I agree entirely.. Let our youngsters get more experience and chemistry up front.

Bale's rumored to be on 600k/week. Idc how much Zidane hates him, but nobody's even gonna loan him if they don't eat 75-80% of that, and he's not the only problem they got in that kinda situation.

Midfield and defense is where we need immediate cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Objectively, if we could see into the future and it showed us Bale this Summer and Sancho next, I'd be happy with it. Unfortunately Sancho will probably go somewhere else though and either way, it definitely does put us another year away from challenging. There's no way we go huge next Summer with a CB/DM/ST and Sancho. It basically means this season is just to get top 4 again (a bit easier though) and 21/22 will be what we hoped 20/21 would be, i.e closer to the top.

18 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

jkV4XVX.png

They all play lovely in winter. 

if he's get-able (& motivated) for the right cheep'ish price I don't see what so complicated about gambling on Bale & why so many are against

Just because Sanchez was a disaster, doesn't mean we shouldn't consider Bale, plenty of examples of top players still adding massive value at the latter stages of there career

The complicated part is what cost would actually be able to get him for.  

4 minutes ago, CB78 said:

if he's get-able (& motivated) for the right cheep'ish price I don't see what so complicated about gambling on Bale & why so many are against

Just because Sanchez was a disaster, doesn't mean we shouldn't consider Bale, plenty of examples of top players still adding massive value at the latter stages of there career

The complicated part is what cost would actually be able to get him for.  

Because we've been down this road many times. How many big name players actually settle at United?

Barthez was a WC winner who didn't work out.

Blanc was a gamble that didn't work.

Verón came with a huge reputation from the then best league in the world. Largely flopped.

di María never settled. Falcao struggled with us and Chelsea.

Schweinsteiger was a massive flop.

Alexis was the worst transfer of all time.

Bale doesn't fit with the profile of player that Ole is trying to bring to the club. He doesn't tick any of the boxes. His age, attitude, injury record and salary all go against him.

1 hour ago, O said:

Because we've been down this road many times. How many big name players actually settle at United?

Verón came with a huge reputation from the then best league in the world. Largely flopped.

Bale doesn't fit with the profile of player that Ole is trying to bring to the club. He doesn't tick any of the boxes. His age, attitude, injury record and salary all go against him.

Blanc, schweinsteiger and sanchez were well past their best. Barthez was always a flamboyant keeper rather than a reliable pair of hands.

Di maria clearly didnt want to play here. Veron didnt fit our style of play.

Right now i wonder if he could take a hit on wages bale would be worth a punt. I'd rather have him than a player like pogba right now who is suffocating under Ole or just plain shit.

1 hour ago, O said:

See what your saying but if you looked at all of UTD signings In the last 10 yr’s (big name/established or not) you could prob make a similar argument As to what proportion have flopped or not

More recently out of Ole’s 6 signings I’m only looking at 2 (hopefully Van de Beek makes it 3) that would qualify as a success. (So far)

past doesn’t always equal the future- You could look at Larsen / Ibrahimovic of older established players who have worked. Right player for the right price is always worth a look.  

Depending on who else we’re able to get - Would Bale offer more than James/Mata/Lingard/Igualho?  I’d be very very surprised if not

available on the right deal get him in