versa

Roy Keane Thread

Ferguson showed non loyalty towards him in his own book, so I expect him to let loose.

Can't expect either of them to pussyfoot around. They clearly despise each other. No doubt in no small part due to how much alike they are in terms of drive, single-mindedness and alpha-male status.

Read his last one in 2002. If anything he's become even more bitter and unhinged in the intervening years. Bring it on.

I can't wait.

He's going to take Ferguson to the cleaners. Ferguson showed non loyalty towards him in his own book, so I expect him to let loose.

It's hard to point fingers at Sir Alex -or- Roy.  They're both completely right in what they've said regarding each other, at times.  Which puts us as fans of both in an odd position really.   I mean, everything Keane is supposed to have said at the time was quite frankly spot on - at that point it was hard to see quite what Sir Alex saw in Darren Fletcher, and Rio Ferdinand was a big girls blouse in oh so many ways.  But should he have kept it all in house?  Yeah, he should have,

But Sir Alex carried on -WINNING-.  And winning with the same players Roy sent verbal blasts at.   I mean - I hated Fletcher and basically thought he was only picked because he was Scottish.  And then he had a magnificent season in 07/08 which pretty much justified his selection to that point.

I'd like to believe there could be a happy ending after all this but Roy Keane does not come across as the kind of man who lets go of a grudge easily, as Alfe Inge Haaland will testify to.  I don't mind anything Roy Keane says, nor Alex Ferguson, but there should at least be a mutual respect.  There doesn't seem to be anything other than hatred between the two, and considering what they accomplished together it is a real shame.

I also remember him saying only 4 players have his number. Now we know why the few privileged include Ole and Scholes. Who are the other two which I can't recall? Referee Butt is one of them?

I'd bet on Ryan.

Keane on the first time he seen Ronaldo play:

He was up against John O’Shea. Sheasy ended up seeing the doctor at half time because he was actually having dizzy spells.

The club concluded negotiations after the game and we always joked with Sheasy he had actually sealed the deal by playing like a fucking clown.

In fairness to him, he was jet-lagged [from America] like the rest of us.

After watching him train for a few days I thought: ‘This lad is going to be one of the best players in the world.

He was good looking and he knew it. Looking at some of the other players in front of the mirror I would think: ‘You fucking nugget’.

But Ronaldo had an innocence to him and a niceness.

Keano's beard could be rainbow colored and 12 feet long and he'd still kill Alfie with his bare hands just for shits and giggles.

Just been on Sky, Keano has said "I regret many things in my life, but (tackling) Haaland is not one of them".

Just been on Sky, Keano has said "I regret many things in my life, but (tackling) Haaland is not one of them".

Good man, Roy. No way anyone is standing over me and my torn ACL and telling me I'm faking without getting beat savagely the second I'm healthy.

Good man, Roy. No way anyone is standing over me and my torn ACL and telling me I'm faking without getting beat savagely the second I'm healthy.

I don't condone it, but I can definitely understand it.