johan

Upcoming Games

The game im looking the most forward to is Witcher 3. Just realized they delayed the release once again until may which sucks.

Anyone looked at Dying light? watched a gameplay and it looks pretty good, but then i found out the creators also created dead island 1 (Techland) which is a bit worrying since that game became boring pretty quick.

The difference between Skyrim and Witcher, is that you are Geralt rather than a made up character of your design. You make decisions which affect the game world on a consistent basis that never really happens in as much depth in Betheseda games. Also the gameplay is alot different as in the fighting style. The only similarity is the one that will get them compared the most that they are RPGs in a huge open world map setting with plenty of side quests.

The difference between Skyrim and Witcher, is that you are Geralt rather than a made up character of your design. You make decisions which affect the game world on a consistent basis that never really happens in as much depth in Betheseda games. Also the gameplay is alot different as in the fighting style. The only similarity is the one that will get them compared the most that they are RPGs in a huge open world map setting with plenty of side quests.

can i own a house? from the video it seems you dont really loot your kills? Looting is one of the fun things in RPGs but in skyrim i spent so much time looting every kill because i felt i had to, would be nice to just kill and move on.

can i own a house? from the video it seems you dont really loot your kills? Looting is one of the fun things in RPGs but in skyrim i spent so much time looting every kill because i felt i had to, would be nice to just kill and move on.

The second part was a limited RPG. It wasn't exactly open world, but is still one of the greatest games ever made. You can't own a house, you are usually put up in a region where you have to complete local quests and main missions to make progress in the story. As you finish off main missions, the story takes you to new locations across the world. Once a zone is complete, you move on to the next one, and you don't get to go back to the previous ones later.

I'd say that Witcher and Skyrim are completely different games. Looting mechanics are quite different in this game. Not everything that you loot is worth of keeping, you can't sell everything like Skyrim. Plus, most of the weapons that you own are crafted by the Geralt (played by you) himself. Alchemy and Crafting skills play a vital part in the game. You collect herbs and other materials and forge swords, bombs and traps to use during combat.

The story is complex as fuck too. I haven't played the first part, but I'd say you need to play the second part first in order to understand the next one properly. Witcher 2 had 16 different endings to the game, depending on the choices you made across the campaign, and it was a big ass campaign as well.

The game was available for $5 on Steam recently. Take my advise and play it before the 3rd part releases.

The second part was a limited RPG. It wasn't exactly open world, but is still one of the greatest games ever made. You can't own a house, you are usually put up in a region where you have to complete local quests and main missions to make progress in the story. As you finish off main missions, the story takes you to new locations across the world. Once a zone is complete, you move on to the next one, and you don't get to go back to the previous ones later.

I'd say that Witcher and Skyrim are completely different games. Looting mechanics are quite different in this game. Not everything that you loot is worth of keeping, you can't sell everything like Skyrim. Plus, most of the weapons that you own are crafted by the Geralt (played by you) himself. Alchemy and Crafting skills play a vital part in the game. You collect herbs and other materials and forge swords, bombs and traps to use during combat.

The story is complex as fuck too. I haven't played the first part, but I'd say you need to play the second part first in order to understand the next one properly. Witcher 2 had 16 different endings to the game, depending on the choices you made across the campaign, and it was a big ass campaign as well.

The game was available for $5 on Steam recently. Take my advise and play it before the 3rd part releases.

cheers!

i would but i have a terrible laptop and its not out for playstation

It was free on GOG not long ago. 

DON'T buy The Witcher from Steam, support the developers and buy it from GOG. It's DRM free, with the soundtrack in FLAC and Mp3, along with making of videos, art books, concept art and shitload of bonuses that are not available on Steam. 

It was free on GOG not long ago. 

DON'T buy The Witcher from Steam, support the developers and buy it from GOG. It's DRM free, with the soundtrack in FLAC and Mp3, along with making of videos, art books, concept art and shitload of bonuses that are not available on Steam. 

(y) 

Sounds like an incredible deal. A bunch of my friends are after the game, so I might recommend GOG to them.

The Division - looks a potentially great game.

Never been into the MgS games, but that does look very, very good!

MGS V Ground Zeroes is available preowned for just over a tenner - it's a "prologue" to MGS V, but it shows enough promise on it's own to get me excited.

I'm conflicted about MGS5. While I have no doubt that the game will be absolutely fun to playm I'm really worried about how the story is gonna go. I have one of two options, either spoilt the game for myself then end up buying it, or spoil the game for myself and buy it a year later on sale. 

State of Decay is coming to Xbox One with the DLC and some new stuff added to it. It's coming out in May, going to be £19.99, and if you bought it for the 360 it will have a 33% discount. If you haven't played it, I'd highly recommend checking it out, it's the best Zombie survival game by far. I never completed it nor did I get the DLC for it, and I hardly ever play on the 360 nowadays; so I'm going to get it.

Also, The Elder Scrolls Online finally has a release date for the consoles, it's out on the 9th of June and they've dropped the monthly subscription fee; so I'm looking forward to playing that.

MGS V Ground Zeroes is available preowned for just over a tenner - it's a "prologue" to MGS V, but it shows enough promise on it's own to get me excited.

Hmm, at the price it is tempting, but I still have games from the STEAM sale that I am yet to sit down and play. (doesn't help the wife is addicted to playing "This Little War Of Mine" so is restricting my available play time)

Oh and I forgot to add Total War : Attila! Pre–ordering this game come Wednesday. I have thoroughly enjoyed TW:Rome 2 and Attila looks to be even better.

By the way, if anyone is on STEAM and wishes to add me, then my user name is 'Cobblers'. Thanks.

Hmm, at the price it is tempting, but I still have games from the STEAM sale that I am yet to sit down and play. (doesn't help the wife is addicted to playing "This Little War Of Mine" so is restricting my available play time)

Oh and I forgot to add Total War : Attila! Pre–ordering this game come Wednesday. I have thoroughly enjoyed TW:Rome 2 and Attila looks to be even better.

By the way, if anyone is on STEAM and wishes to add me, then my user name is 'Cobblers'. Thanks.

Adding you. Don't play much online games except for Quake Live from time to time. 

This game looks amazing

Haven't been this excited for a game in a long, long time. The anticipation for this one even beats Witcher 3 for me.

The original trailer was a huge disappointment, to be honest. I thought this would just another run and gun third person shooter, but since then it has had some amazing development.

The quick time events are a bit of a turn off though. The other day I saw another gameplay video where the player was getting hunted by a werewolf. That looked much better than this one.

Guess i'll wait for the game to release before passing my judgement.

Edited by Burns92