rezzy

Rafael da Silva Thread

My favourite player at this club by far. His attitude on the pitch is brilliant and like every Brazilian, he has no fear at all.

He can't come back soon enough. I'm sick to death of watching Valencia stutter on the ball and create fuck all.

I do fear for Van Gaals reputation with Brazilian players though.

Maybe, but I think a lot fans will get seriously annoyed at him if he ditches Rafael for no reason. Me included, of course. Because ditching him because of Valancia is - no reason. Rafael is a model United player - fast, skillful, breaks into counter-attacks, can score, will stop at nothing and fears no one. Love him to bits. 

Edited by Millsh

I've got loads of time for him. The only thing is he is a bit reckless in the tackle though. He used to frustrate me giving away silly freekicks. Still,  he is the best RWB or RB at the club and he can't come back quick enough. 

Edited by DJSmith

He's a fantastic footballer and when he gets a consistent run in the first team he's bordering world class. He's vastly underrated by the masses IMO. He rarely lets us down and has a fantastic big game mentality. The difference in our side when he is the starting 11 is huge too, he offers us width and a threat going forward. Something our supposed winger/full-back Valencia does not.

He has to work on his concentration issues though. 

Sometime's it seems like he is thinking about something else and forgets about marks etc. 

I think the best part about him is that he's a great fighter, a great competitor and good with the ball going forward, but also the fact that he's still what, 23 or 24 yet? Very very young for a defender, with a lot of time to improve in what I said and great conditions on and off the ball to play right back.

I hope he gets the starting role again tomorrow, and I'm positive he will, as Van Gaal said he subbed him just due to the lack of gametime he had before last week. Talking about that, it was great to see how said lack of gametime didn't affect his rythmn last week. 

The boy is running out of time to mature mentally. He has all the talent in the world -- none of which was on display today though. It was like that game against Reading two seasons ago, when he was hauled off, and he should have been today as well. He was definitely fouled by Vardy before the dive, but a top fullback would not get so tight on the man in the box, running at him at full pace -- that is just asking for trouble. In typical Brazilian fashion, he sometimes plays more with his heart than his head.