Piazza

The Official Marcos Rojo Thread

It's funny how overrated this guy's performances have been on here this season. Some members give him a free pass. He seems to eacape a lot of criticism, because he's the new guy. Have had my doubts about him since day one.

He was the best LB at the World Cup but bought mainly as a left-sided CB because Evans just can't cut it. Not a bad choice at all since he can cover both positions.

He gets a free pass because he recovers from his mistakes most of the time, has a likeable face and it is his first season in the continent.

I do expect him to do better next season. Unless another better left-sided defender is bought (given LVG's preference for a left footer there), he should become a mainstay.

Rabbona's are everything I look for in a defender.

If you are looking after defending skills then the last one to look after is Jones. 

Probably a better athlete than footballer - but can't help but like him 

Clearly has the will to win, which we lack all too often 

This is a team that won the league after losing it on goal difference. I don't think the will to win is lacking, just perhaps talent compared to the rivals. 

Beast of a man

Some people actually rate Smalling and Jones ahead of him.  :laugh:

If there is best international XI for the past 2 years, Rojo would be 100% in that XI. Flawless world cup and Copa, two summers in a row. 

If he can fully translate his Argentina form at United, we would be 1 CB and RB away from having the 2nd best defence after Chelsea, and with Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill aging our defence could become the best in the country. 

Rojo is playing at left back though.

He's much better there than at centre back. He should be looking to push Shaw out of the team by taking advantage of his bitchassness (injury prone).

At Argetina he has more freedom though. They play with good width and have willing runners. He can't be attempting rabonas at United.

Rojo is playing at left back though.

He's much better there than at centre back. He should be looking to push Shaw out of the team by taking advantage of his bitchassness (injury prone).

At Argetina he has more freedom though. They play with good width and have willing runners. He can't be attempting rabonas at United.

At the same age, Ramos was playing RB. Not saying that Rojo will turn into a world class CB but he has shown promise as a CB too. Rojo's best qualities as a LB is his defensive abilities and his work rate. Shaw can provide more when attacking. 

Shaw-Rojo at LB is the best LB combo we've had since the Evra-Heinze days. Now only if we can have such good options at RB that would be great. 

Rojo was my favourite signing until Abo made me hate him.

Very impressed with him during the World Cup, not entirely sure the plan from LVG was to sign him and Luke Shaw, as Marcos is better IMO as a left back.