khoazany

General U23s News/Discussion

CURRENT U21S SQUAD: (exclude the loanees)

GKs: Amos,Gollini,Sutherland,J.Pereira(U18s)
Defenders: Varela,Love,Janko(U18s),M.Keane,Grimshaw,McNair,R.James,Rowley
Midfielders: Petrucci,Pearson,Rothwell,Weir,A.Pereira(U18s),M.Willock(U18s)
Forwards: Lingard,Wilson(U18s)

Next match: Monday 24th February vs Sunderland (Home), 7pm BST.

93ab3366a92511e3b99c0aa73e1070c5_8.jpg

Our U21s players with their "first team shirt numbers". Gollini stole Johnstone's number   :laugh:

A.pereira - Janko - Petrucci

?          - Gollini - Varela

?

Edited by jokerz

James gotta win it from that list.

Yeah James any day of the week for me. Ekangamene had a good season but James is simply a better talent. I watched his brother play for Leicester and he's already look more talented at CM than his brother. A few good loan moves will do him wonders.

Edited by khoazany

Matty's been excellent at CM for the best team in the Championship, think it's incredibly premature to say Reece looks better there already. Personally don't think Reece looks as good there as Matty was with us, let alone now.

Not to criticise Reece at all, he's got my vote as well for his consistency across a number of positions.

Matty's been excellent at CM for the best team in the Championship, think it's incredibly premature to say Reece looks better there already. Personally don't think Reece looks as good there as Matty was with us, let alone now.

Not to criticise Reece at all, he's got my vote as well for his consistency across a number of positions.

Yeah I only said Reece's more "talented" as from what I've watched Matty on Championship Reece seems to have more things on his locker.Of course playing in the Championship is a totally different level compared to the U21s league.

Edited by khoazany

Yeah I only said Reece's more "talented" as from what I've watched Matty on Championship Reece seems to have more things on his locker.Of course playing in the Championship is a totally different level compared to the U21s league.

Matt James was one of the best midfielders we've had in my time watching The Reserves regularly since about 2007.

He has it all and I knew he'd find his way back to PL football if he could put those injuries behind him.