Txrt

Cycling Thread

Fantastic finish today, also perfectly timed with United's halftime. Dumoulin was amazing, Froome very strong too. Really good stuff.

Missed it. Missed the game as well, we had our first football match of the season in the League today. 32°C maybe even more. I'm dead but we won 3-1. 
I'll check out the finish on YouTube.

Missed it. Missed the game as well, we had our first football match of the season in the League today. 32°C maybe even more. I'm dead but we won 3-1. 
I'll check out the finish on YouTube.

I shouldn't have told you anything then... It was thrilling to the last metre! ahahaha.

Congrats on your win, and yeah... matches these days are horrible. Also, a pretty bad time to have a match with this heat too, right? Happily you won and that's all that matters.

Amazing stage once again. 

Froome lost a lot of time after a crash and was behind the "main group" that was very reduced with 43km to go. Astana had all the team working for their leader Aru, and they're using Mikel Landa, who has been amazing, as a slave and not giving him anything all race because he's leaving at the end of the season; Landa was in the breakaway today... And he got to the last climb with just 2 minutes advantage with the Aru, Nairo, Purito, Majka group. 

Mikel Landa climbed incredibly well the last hill, and only Aru at 100% managed to take 30seconds of his advantage. He was faster in that climb after being in the breakaway all day than the rest of the peloton. Also, he was asked at the end of the stage on tv: "Did the team give you freedom, or did you take it yourself?" And he clearly answered: "I took it myself today when they asked me to wait for Aru, and I think it turned out well". Like the Basque boss he is!! 

Really happy for his win, and Aru was very impressive too. Purito lost 35 seconds, Valverde and the leader Dumoulin lost 1 minute and something, and Nairo was horrible. Mikel Nieve, another Basque, is now going to be Sky's leader, and was very strong today in the last two climbs, despite being in the group behind the peloton for being too relaxed and stopping to help Froome earlier. I predict he'll win a stage this Vuelta.

Amazing stage once again. 

Froome lost a lot of time after a crash and was behind the "main group" that was very reduced with 43km to go. Astana had all the team working for their leader Aru, and they're using Mikel Landa, who has been amazing, as a slave and not giving him anything all race because he's leaving at the end of the season; Landa was in the breakaway today... And he got to the last climb with just 2 minutes advantage with the Aru, Nairo, Purito, Majka group. 

Mikel Landa climbed incredibly well the last hill, and only Aru at 100% managed to take 30seconds of his advantage. He was faster in that climb after being in the breakaway all day than the rest of the peloton. Also, he was asked at the end of the stage on tv: "Did the team give you freedom, or did you take it yourself?" And he clearly answered: "I took it myself today when they asked me to wait for Aru, and I think it turned out well". Like the Basque boss he is!! 

Really happy for his win, and Aru was very impressive too. Purito lost 35 seconds, Valverde and the leader Dumoulin lost 1 minute and something, and Nairo was horrible. Mikel Nieve, another Basque, is now going to be Sky's leader, and was very strong today in the last two climbs, despite being in the group behind the peloton for being too relaxed and stopping to help Froome earlier. I predict he'll win a stage this Vuelta.

Didn't watch it again because I had another match today. Don't ask the score lol.

I'll check it out on Youtube.

On 10/9/2017 at 21:52, TheBeardedOne said:

Froome has won the vuelta. Must surely be in the running for bbc sports personality.

30 minutes ago, dualtamac said:

He's a machine. Hope he's clean. I want to believe he is, well as much as anyone can be clean in this sport.

Don't know if you guys watched it, but one of the most interesting three week races in recent history. There was something every day, when it was not the GC guys, it was breakaways having to be decided, a lot of interesting finishes, changing weather, and people not scared and trying it from distance constantly. 

It's such a huge shame Alberto Contador is retiring. Glad he did it with a win on Saturday though, but he's such a special rider, one of those that will never leave you like you were before seeing him. You can like him like I do, or maybe don't like him, but he's certainly different, one that made everything much more interesting to watch, and one that was never scared of making a great show of the sport, that's exactly what it is needed lately.