O

PL Matchday 5: Man Utd vs Everton

They'll not be as pathetic as they were against Spurs but we should still win.

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Jones Blind

Matic Fellaini

Mata Mkhi Rashford

Lukaku

Pretty certain to be the side. Gylfi is overrated as fuck but is literally the best footballer ever against us.

Fellaini to secure the points.

Watched them at the weekend against Spurs. I found them to be pretty spineless. Their attack was pretty flat and I think that's mostly down to Rooney essentially playing as a false nine. He drops deep, gets the ball and then plays out wide to the runners. Which is something we saw Stoke doing a lot, so wouldn't be surprised if we lined up with Valencia and Darmian at FB again to counter that pace. But if it they pull it off successfully- watch ol' Wayne score a header/an awkward volley that rebounds past De Gea 😌

They lined up without Jagielka too and consequently, looked lost defensively. 0-3 flattered them. An extension of this being Pickford looking pretty shaky (also, please note when we play them just how fat his arse is. It's not something I wanted to bring up, but their GK  kit does him 0 favours in that department). 
The media will be obsessed with Lukaku v Rooney, but don't let it distract you from the prodigal son likely featuring against his old team in the absence of Pogba. Favour him to net a goal given that he is probably on a high after Tuesday and being at Old Trafford. Throw the fact that they're coming into the game after the Europa League and I think this should really be one of our easier games in the league so far. 

Predicted XI: De Gea; Valencia, Jones, Bailly, Darmian; Matic, Fellaini; Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford; Lukaku.
[To be honest, I would prefer Young over Rashford but I guess he's a FB now]

1 hour ago, Juanderful said:

Watched them at the weekend against Spurs. I found them to be pretty spineless. Their attack was pretty flat and I think that's mostly down to Rooney essentially playing as a false nine. He drops deep, gets the ball and then plays out wide to the runners. Which is something we saw Stoke doing a lot, so wouldn't be surprised if we lined up with Valencia and Darmian at FB again to counter that pace. But if it they pull it off successfully- watch ol' Wayne score a header/an awkward volley that rebounds past De Gea 1f60c.png

They lined up without Jagielka too and consequently, looked lost defensively. 0-3 flattered them. An extension of this being Pickford looking pretty shaky (also, please note when we play them just how fat his arse is. It's not something I wanted to bring up, but their GK  kit does him 0 favours in that department). 
The media will be obsessed with Lukaku v Rooney, but don't let it distract you from the prodigal son likely featuring against his old team in the absence of Pogba. Favour him to net a goal given that he is probably on a high after Tuesday and being at Old Trafford. Throw the fact that they're coming into the game after the Europa League and I think this should really be one of our easier games in the league so far. 

Predicted XI: De Gea; Valencia, Jones, Bailly, Darmian; Matic, Fellaini; Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford; Lukaku.
[To be honest, I would prefer Young over Rashford but I guess he's a FB now]

tumblr_mva8c5gFgZ1sqewzmo1_500.gif

Edited by O

19 hours ago, Cole said:

Lukaku 

Rashford Mata Miki 

Matic Fellaini

Blind Bailly Jones Valencia 

De Gea

Even without Pogba we should be winning this by a couple goals.

I'm not sure we can perform without those vital 20 extra shots off target 

Just now, Juanderful said:

Look out for it (can't miss it). I'm telling you, it's not natural.

Unless i'm just accustomed to David's slim physique... 1f60b.png

I don't tend to look at goalkeepers arses. 

Rooney to score, Fella to get sent off and an injury to Jones!

Toffees always turned into difficult games at key moments - we have a heavy schedule and I can see this adding to our burdens.

Last week they were shit so I expect them to come out fighting - i hope we can hold our cool and win 1-0.

7 hours ago, Stretford End Phil said:

Rooney to score, Fella to get sent off and an injury to Jones!

Toffees always turned into difficult games at key moments - we have a heavy schedule and I can see this adding to our burdens.

Last week they were shit so I expect them to come out fighting - i hope we can hold our cool and win 1-0.

pragmatic there Phil.

But you make good sense.

I don't think it'll be at all that easy. Koeman teams tend to be very solid defensively, competitive and difficult to score against. Add to that the fact they'll come to Old Trafford after losing two straight and showing a pretty pathetic image in both those games. I think they'll park a pretty serious bus at OT, and we all know how much we struggle to score against those teams. They play Atalanta today, which is a positive for us, but I want to see how many starters they play and how much Koeman actually rotates. Anyway, I think we'll struggle big time if we don't score the first goal early.

Hopefully we manage to open things up and they have looked dreadful in the situations where they have to actually attack and try to get a goal. Their midfield isn't playing well, their strikers are too isolated up front and when they have to attack it opens up a lot of spaces.

Hopefully a 2-0.

Indeed.  Away at Chelsea the other week Everton were absolutely dreadful. Chelsea actually looked embarrassed having to continue the game after 20 minutes, and at home against Spurs they looked all out of ideas.  Granted they will raise their game against us, but we will just have to stay patient.  If we get one in the first 30 mins I can see us totally dominating from then on.   I just cant see where they can hurt us.  I can see Lukaku bagging a brace.  4-0. 

1 hour ago, Red4Life said:

Ok. perhaps Everton are not in the Europa Cup. 1f602.png

Considering they spent £150 million in the summer they are dreadful.  They will proper park the bus against us.   Jo-Mo will know that. 

Man-Utd-Everton-formation-tactics.png

I think we'll see something like that. If I was Koeman, I'd play Sandro up front and either move Calvert-Lewin to where Rooney is or play Mirallas there instead. I think Schneiderlin will be dropped after a few poor displays in a row. Their fans are on his case after the Atalanta and Spurs defeats. Davies will bring energy and enthusiasm. 

All of our defence, bar Blind, have had a rest and should return to the fold. Herrera comes in for the injured Pogba. I'd go with Rashford ahead of Martial for this one. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself, unless Mourinho has ideas for Fellaini and Young. 

Edited by O