ALF

UEFA to investigate PSG spending

let's just say they get fined plus a transfer ban. they will pay the fine with 1 gas ship reaching its destination (and still there will be cash left) and will appeal for the ban which they will win the appeal enough for them to get the signing of another target (Fabinho and maybe a gk) done and dusted. UEFA is a joke anyway

UEFA are terrified of clubs with influence. This is obviously why they've arranged to get Mbappe on loan - because they're expecting a transfer ban or something. Mind you, I wouldn't be at all surprised if PSG suddenly picked up a City style "sponsorship" from Qatar.

For all people have complained a bout it... FFP can't even actually look if someone's broken it until the end of the year?? It's meant to look over a 3 year period but that's always ending in one season of course...

Not that i don't think they've clearly fucked it in some way but I don't know why/how UEFA are "investigating" this early... seems like shitty fan service tbh

To really level the playing field they should cap net transfer spending for each season forget about income streams from other sources and then handout bans from european competition the severity depending  on how much they exceed the limit. Also loans should be stopped altogether and a greater minimum quota of home grown players in squads or even starting elevens. Of course none of that would ever happen but if the game was serious about reform then it should.

Edited by TheBeardedOne

11 hours ago, hdcantona said:

For all people have complained a bout it... FFP can't even actually look if someone's broken it until the end of the year?? It's meant to look over a 3 year period but that's always ending in one season of course...

Not that i don't think they've clearly fucked it in some way but I don't know why/how UEFA are "investigating" this early... seems like shitty fan service tbh

Apparently they've been talking to PSG about this for a while because they were worried hence the going public with investigation. 

http://www.espnfc.com/video/espn-fc-tv/86/video/3194457/why-uefa-made-their-investigation-of-psg-public?utm_content=bufferd0879&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer 

8 hours ago, TheBeardedOne said:

To really level the playing field they should cap net transfer spending for each season forget about income streams from other sources and then handout bans from european competition the severity depending  on how much they exceed the limit. Also loans should be stopped altogether and a greater minimum quota of home grown players in squads or even starting elevens. Of course none of that would ever happen but if the game was serious about reform then it should.

I have a problem with Caps in any shape or form, it gives success little value finically. As stupid and spoilt as a 'problem' this sounds but a cap would damage teams like United who have built a club to become a behemoth rather than a sugar-daddy club.  

I was thinking about how you'd stop a team from financial doping, the only way to really create a proper deterrent would be for any ban to be immediate, in PSG's case they're probably going to be free to buy and spend money for the next 2 seasons at least and by that time i'd wager they'll make a champions league final. The only way i can see an immediate deterrent working is if each club has to submit a transfer budget before the window opens, keep this only between UFEA/FIFA and the club, they do this alongside a justification of how they've raised the cash etc and then the budget will raise if they sell etc. If they break the budget by a certain percentage during the window they face some sort of implication either points deducted or exclusion from european competition and a transfer ban for the next window. 

In hindsight that MIGHT work but i'm no expert. 

7 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Amazing how they sit up and take notice when shit happens to Barcelona. 

When Beckenbauer really was the Kaiser he could get UEFA to do anything for Bayern and German football. 

Edited by Stretford End Phil