Juanderful

Player of the Month - August 2017

POTM for August 2017  

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who was your POTM for August 2017?

• De Gea
    • Blind
    • Bailly
    • Jones
    • Valencia
    • Pogba
    • Matic
    • Mkhitaryan
    • Mata
    • Rashford
    • Lukaku
    • Martial
    • Fellaini

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/17 at 16:00

Just realised that we're done now for August (that went quick huh..) And I just had a thought that it would be interesting if we had a collective vote on who TMU's player of the month is. I'll post the names of the more obvious players, you can vote in the poll, write about it in a comment etc. Whatever. You do you. Poll closes on 08/09/17 because why not.

For me, it's a choice between Jones and Matic. Both have been very impressive and very consistent. Whilst it has been nice to see us score 10, I think conceeding 0 is more impressive and that's largely down to these men (especially when you consider that whilst our attack has been potent, it has also been a little absent at times). Think it's Matic for me though. As solid as he was defensively, he was surprisingly offensive. Made a lot of runs and carried the ball forward a lot and looked pretty tough to stop. Hopefully, more of the same!

Other things to consider - Mkhitaryan collecting 5 assists; Lukaku scoring 3 goals; Fellaini being a game changer every time he came on; Bailly being Bailly; Pogba looking unlocked; Martial looking like his older self; De Gea. 

David de g...oh wait. Fantastic feeling having trouble to chose one, pogba wins it just over Matic for me. Mhiki and lukaku have been fantastic too.

Edited by johan

I think going off who's voted, looks like Pogba will be the winner. Maybe I'll make a little graphic once it's confirmed.

Have to say, that goal against Swansea was divine. That's two great goals he's scored against them now, them must hate him.

2 hours ago, butler said:

Has to be Matic,then Jones and Lukaku,then David,then the rest..

Did you vote in the poll?

1 minute ago, Juanderful said:

I think going off who's voted, looks like Pogba will be the winner. Maybe I'll make a little graphic once it's confirmed.

Have to say, that goal against Swansea was divine. That's two great goals he's scored against them now, them must hate him.

Did you vote in the poll?

Matic,as without him,the Pog would still be defending.

Pogs has been very good in the league so far, but he did start the season poorly with his performance against Madrid, so I'm not voting for him. Jones and Bailly have been great, but PotM for me has to be Matic. I don't think he's had as much preseason training as the majority of his teammates but he looks fit, he's covering lots of ground; he's settled in quickly and has played very well so far. 

I'll give it to new boy Matic. Looks like he has been playing there years for us.

Slotted in seamlessly.

Pogba and Matic by far our best centre midfielders.

It's great to read the comments in this thread knowing there's a genuine case to be made for every single player mentioned. 

Mkhitaryan just takes it for me. He seems really settled and confident now, and I get the feeling there's several more gears he can go through.

Loved the dilemma. Hope this continues in the upcoming months.

Close call but Matic for me considering how well he has settled and already leading the midfield. 

Edited by Roxanne