ALF

Marcus Rashford 2017/2018

1 minute ago, SimplyGiggs said:

He makes Morata look like Heskey.

When he scores goals that count for actually winning something, rather than what he has won (which is absolutely fuck all), then I'll consider him in the same level as the others I mentioned. 

1 minute ago, Txrt said:

When he scores goals that count for actually winning something, rather than what he has won (which is absolutely fuck all), then I'll consider him in the same level as the others I mentioned. 

Winning trophies on the bench is the most shameful victory of all.

2 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Good thing Aduriz has that Supercopa de España.

Just now, O said:

Good thing Aduriz has that Supercopa de España.

Who said a word about Aduriz being better? But anyways, it's not tough. 1>0. 

1 minute ago, SimplyGiggs said:

Winning trophies on the bench is the most shameful victory of all.

Sure it is, that is the proper attitude to have. 

Just now, Txrt said:

But his goals mean nothing. :(

16 minutes ago, Txrt said:

You're arguing the merits of individuals against their teams trophy haul. It doesn't make sense, not that any of the examples you used are good anyway. Lewandowski's greatest achievements are all still in a Dortmund shirt, Suarez forced a move from Liverpool because he realised he wouldn't lead them to any trophies and PSG were so bad with Cavani as a focal point they risked the financial future of the club to make sure it doesn't happen again. 

Kane is comfortably world class and the trophies will come whether at Spurs or elsewhere.

Just now, SimplyGiggs said:

You're arguing the merits of individuals against their teams trophy haul. It doesn't make sense, not that any of the examples you used are good anyway. Lewandowski's greatest achievements are all still in a Dortmund shirt, Suarez forced a move from Liverpool because he realised he wouldn't lead them to any trophies and PSG were so bad with Cavani as a focal point they risked the financial future of the club to make sure it doesn't happen again. 

Kane is comfortably world class and the trophies will come whether at Spurs or elsewhere.

I said Kane is probably world class though; my point is it's easier to score goals in a team where everything goes through you compared to a team where you're going to have to first fight for a place, second play much tougher matches in much tougher moments of the season, third face more opposition than a 54 year old Fernando Llorente for a starting spot. Benteke 

Also the case that he just scores in the Premier League. Not at the same level in Europe or in the international tournaments. I know you only like to have a laugh at Serie A saying anyone could score there. The thing is the Premier League teams have been very poor in Europe the last 3-4 years, and Kane has only managed to score in the Premier League. Many people constantly talk about a player from another league having problems to adapt to the English one, but how can you guys make an afirmation like "Kane would score goals in any team in the world?". He's just managed to do it in a league that has been quite poor in the years he's been scoring, results in Europe and against other big teams show it.... 

14 minutes ago, O said:

Trophies have nothing to do with ability.

Star players in title winning teams are world class by my book. Or players that have a key role in playing for a team that wins trophies. There are plenty of cases like Benteke, Sigurdsson, etc that shine in a smaller team, and then can never do it when it really matters, with bigger teams and where they have real competition etc. 

What I really don't get is where the problem here lays, I said in my first sentence that Kane is probably world class, but inside that group, I wouldn't have him in the same group as I would have some others. 

I don't see what the problem is with having an opinion to start bringing Morata and Aduriz up with that defensive mentality and small fangirl attitude, to be completely honest.

4 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Star players in title winning teams are world class by my book. Or players that have a key role in playing for a team that wins trophies. There are plenty of cases like Benteke, Sigurdsson, etc that shine in a smaller team, and then can never do it when it really matters, with bigger teams and where they have real competition etc. 

What I really don't get is where the problem here lays, I said in my first sentence that Kane is probably world class, but inside that group, I wouldn't have him in the same group as I would have some others. 

I don't see what the problem is with having an opinion to start bringing Morata and Aduriz up with that defensive mentality and small fangirl attitude, to be completely honest.

You are racist towards the Englishman. Simple really. Same with Dele and Dier.

Next you'll be calling Cristiano Cristina.

5 minutes ago, O said:

You are racist towards the Englishman. Simple really. Same with Dele and Dier.

Next you'll be calling Cristiano Cristina.

Not really, I wouldn't be posting here if I was. However I try to be fair to what I see and I say what I think about every player I have seen enough to comment on, no matter what their race, age, nationality, religion or shoe size is. It has absolutely nothing to do with hating Dier because of Herrera, because I really like Noble and that wouldn't make sense... I also like many other English players, like everyone knows. 

1 minute ago, Txrt said:

Not really, I wouldn't be posting here if I was. However I try to be fair to what I see and I say what I think about every player I have seen enough to comment on, no matter what their race, age, nationality, religion or shoe size is. It has absolutely nothing to do with hating Dier because of Herrera, because I really like Noble and that wouldn't make sense... I also like many other English players, like everyone knows. 

Name them.

Just now, O said:

Name them.

Hahahah. I've told you I like Noble in the previous one. I also like Antonio (prefer him in a different position to where he was played today), and I've said beore Rose is brilliant too and I would like to sign him for us. I also like Trippier and Davies and have said it here before as well. Carroll is awesome as well, I have spoken about taking him to the NT before too. And that's from today's two teams only. 

2 minutes ago, Txrt said:

Hahahah. I've told you I like Noble in the previous one. I also like Antonio (prefer him in a different position to where he was played today), and I've said beore Rose is brilliant too and I would like to sign him for us. I also like Trippier and Davies and have said it here before as well. Carroll is awesome as well, I have spoken about taking him to the NT before too. And that's from today's two teams only. 

All awful. Yout green card should be revoked.

Edited by O

22 minutes ago, Txrt said:

I said Kane is probably world class though; my point is it's easier to score goals in a team where everything goes through you compared to a team where you're going to have to first fight for a place, second play much tougher matches in much tougher moments of the season, third face more opposition than a 54 year old Fernando Llorente for a starting spot. Benteke 

Also the case that he just scores in the Premier League. Not at the same level in Europe or in the international tournaments. I know you only like to have a laugh at Serie A saying anyone could score there. The thing is the Premier League teams have been very poor in Europe the last 3-4 years, and Kane has only managed to score in the Premier League. Many people constantly talk about a player from another league having problems to adapt to the English one, but how can you guys make an afirmation like "Kane would score goals in any team in the world?". He's just managed to do it in a league that has been quite poor in the years he's been scoring, results in Europe and against other big teams show it.... 

Your theory is not backed up by any statistics. All of the strikers you mentioned have scored more goals since making the move to a 'bigger club'. Are you saying they only made the step up to being world class once they joined better teams? It's not a coincidence, it's obviously easier to score in a better team. 

Huh? What does starting competition have to do with Kane's ability? That suggests he can afford to drop standards because there's nothing to challenge him - when does he do this?

For a bit of context - Spurs have been title contenders for 2 seasons. They are a squad in development, and Kane is the catalyst. Take him out of the side and they drop down the league considerably. They have tried with other strikers, like Soldado and Janssen. It's not that they haven't provided adequate cover for Kane, it's just they aren't in the same league as him.

He's scored in every season he's played in Europe. Spurs haven't established the squad depth to challenge on two fronts. For strikers like Cavani and Lewandowski, who have failed to drive better teams, bigger budgets and more established teams to European glory, are they failures?

Just now, SimplyGiggs said:

Your theory is not backed up by any statistics. All of the strikers you mentioned have scored more goals since making the move to a 'bigger club'. Are you saying they only made the step up to being world class once they joined better teams? It's not a coincidence, it's obviously easier to score in a better team. 

Huh? What does starting competition have to do with Kane's ability? That suggests he can afford to drop standards because there's nothing to challenge him - when does he do this?

For a bit of context - Spurs have been title contenders for 2 seasons. They are a squad in development, and Kane is the catalyst. Take him out of the side and they drop down the league considerably. They have tried with other strikers, like Soldado and Janssen. It's not that they haven't provided adequate cover for Kane, it's just they aren't in the same league as him.

He's scored in every season he's played in Europe. Spurs haven't established the squad depth to challenge on two fronts. For strikers like Cavani and Lewandowski, who have failed to drive better teams, bigger budgets and more established teams to European glory, are they failures?

I'll reply to this tonight and or tomorrow. I am going to watch the match and won't be at home later, but I will reply to this tomorrow or at night.

Morata just scored btw, you should mention him more often and I'd be leading in Fantasy.