O

Manager Sack Watch

Feel bad for de Boer. You could see what style he was trying to bring to Palace, and if it would have clicked it could change the club.

Unfortunately his players could score for their lives. They should have had 2 or 3 against Burnley.

Imagine. Sacking a manager after 4 games, and then hiring Hodgson. Jesus christ the absolute depression their fans must be in at this moment.

No sympathy for managers or players. Its a merry-go-round of average jobsworths and over inflated salaries. I have sympathy for the fans whose hard earned money ends up in the pockets of these idiots. In any other walk of life abject failure leads to a swift kick up the arse, footy has made it profitable - high time there was real accountability and matching pay-off. 

4 games, all defeats - £40 sounds about right and a second class airline ticket back to Amsterdam.

On 8/9/2017 at 00:07, Red4Life said:

His football is dire. No creativity whatsoever. Difficult to seee  them beating teams. 

He may improve but I cannot see it now.

You could be right. Big game for them on Sunday.

Koeman is a good manager though. There are lots of new faces at the club, so I'd give him a bit longer.

They'll have already played Chelsea, City and United away before the end of September, and have faced Spurs.

It can only get better from October onwards.

i don't what kind of guy Moshiri is but if he is like those east asian owners then Koeman could be the next to go but if he is patient then Koeman will finish the season as Everton manager. on a side note Koeman is no different from Klopp, has enough attacking players but not very good defenders. 

btw #KloppOut has started 😆

46 minutes ago, O said:

You could be right. Big game for them on Sunday.

Koeman is a good manager though. There are lots of new faces at the club, so I'd give him a bit longer.

They'll have already played Chelsea, City and United away before the end of September, and have faced Spurs.

It can only get better from October onwards.

Sigurdsson was an atrocious signing. Big fish small pond player if there ever was one. 

On 9/13/2017 at 14:33, TheBeardedOne said:

Hardly surprising. The bundesliga is like one giant feeder club for bayern munich.

and it has become one boring league too. 5 time consecutive champions. even League 1 was better when Lyon was winning them all.

5 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Sigurdsson was an atrocious signing. Big fish small pond player if there ever was one. 

Nothing to do with playing wide left.

He's played 4 times and scored once. Chill.

Rooney will be out of the side soon.

Why is this in the transfer section?

Hope Koeman is fucked off asap. See him taking snipes at us again - He's getting worse the Klopp. The signings have been so bad for the amount they've invested and there isn't any clear style they're looking to implement. Calvert-Lewin was their best player to start the season and he's been dropped to accommodate two guys who can't run. The invested £30m in one of the league's worst CB's and the other two aren't a lot better.

Sack. Plz.

Their signings have been reasonable for a club of their level. Rooney may be a gamble though. For all experience will his circus and undroppability prove ultimately disruptive. ALREADY he has hit the headlines for the wrong reasons. 

It's inevitable managers will snipe at us. They are going to be all in defensive mode after a defeat given the intense pressure for results. Mourinhos style of doing just enough to win will make him a easy target to deflect bad results onto.

Edited by The Spanish Inquisitor

On 9/16/2017 at 19:09, utd4life said:

not in PL but Birmingham has sacked  Arry

Former PL team so thats good for me. 

1 hour ago, The Spanish Inquisitor said:

Their signings have been reasonable for a club of their level. Rooney may be a gamble though. For all experience will his circus and undroppability prove ultimately disruptive. ALREADY he has hit the headlines for the wrong reasons. 

It's inevitable managers will snipe at us. They are going to be all in defensive mode after a defeat given the intense pressure for results. Mourinhos style of doing just enough to win will make him a easy target to deflect bad results onto.

Mourinho must have slipped Koeaman something to convince him to take Rooney of our hands. 

quality of dutch managers have plummeted badly in recent years. the only 3 standout between all of them are Bosz, Van Bronckhorst and Cocu. with the older generation (LVG, Advocaat, Hiddink ...) mostly retired or not in the business, the new generation don't seem to be in the same league as their predecessors. of course it's too early to judge some of them and we have to see if they can do good in other leagues (too early for Bosz at BVB but Bayern's league anyway) but i feel we are seeing average dutch managers. although there is Ten Hag i read being mentioned more than others but we have to see how he will do this season and in the future.

regarding Koeman, after last year Everton appointed Walsh as DoF i expected them to bring cheap quality players but they went big in the market and we see now that Koeman didn't address the issues. was it Walsh or Koeman's fault or maybe the new owner?

4 hours ago, utd4life said:

quality of dutch managers have plummeted badly in recent years. the only 3 standout between all of them are Bosz, Van Bronckhorst and Cocu. with the older generation (LVG, Advocaat, Hiddink ...) mostly retired or not in the business, the new generation don't seem to be in the same league as their predecessors. of course it's too early to judge some of them and we have to see if they can do good in other leagues (too early for Bosz at BVB but Bayern's league anyway) but i feel we are seeing average dutch managers. although there is Ten Hag i read being mentioned more than others but we have to see how he will do this season and in the future.

regarding Koeman, after last year Everton appointed Walsh as DoF i expected them to bring cheap quality players but they went big in the market and we see now that Koeman didn't address the issues. was it Walsh or Koeman's fault or maybe the new owner?

Everton spent the money on:

Gylfi Sigurdson 40 million pound, which cost as much as Nemanja Matic.

6 hours ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Everton spent the money on:

Gylfi Sigurdson 40 million pound, which cost as much as Nemanja Matic.

May have been overpriced as all knew they had Lukaku money. 

Thinking of which bring a thought, why don't clubs do their buying first even before selling their big money players. Ofcourse its lot easier said than done, but surely there has to be proper thinking and planning in the way clubs do their transfer business. Surely lots of $$ at stake here so some amount of planning and strategy has to be put in place. 

43 minutes ago, ALF said:

Koeman to get the chop and Everton to go full out for Ancelotti i reckon. 

He's already said he's keen to come back to England. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the dildo brothers (cheers Hags) drop Bilic and go for him. Although hopefully Carlo's got more sense than to get mixed up in that train wreck.

Koeman needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat quickly. Ancelotti being free will be the talk of quite a few Premier league boardrooms and Masonic lodges I'm sure. Maybe even Arsenal and Liverpool will be thinking of a Summer move?

Just now, MikeM said:

He's already said he's keen to come back to England. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the dildo brothers (cheers Hags) drop Bilic and go for him. Although hopefully Carlo's got more sense than to get mixed up in that train wreck.

Koeman needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat quickly. Ancelotti being free will be the talk of quite a few Premier league boardrooms and Masonic lodges I'm sure. Maybe even Arsenal and Liverpool will be thinking of a Summer move?

I think Arsenal would be a better suit for him. They'll never get rid of the skeleton though and judging by what I witnessed tonight from them,  they could seriously use Carlo.

3 minutes ago, DJSmith said:

I think Arsenal would be a better suit for him. They'll never get rid of the skeleton though and judging by what I witnessed tonight from them,  they could seriously use Carlo.

A lot of buzz that Wenger's jacking it in at the end of the season - they were talking about the Ozil and Sanchez situation pointing to him "not caring" about what happens past this season.

Also there's still rumblings that Conte is eyeing a move back to Italy at some point - would Carlo go back to the Bridge?

57 minutes ago, MikeM said:

A lot of buzz that Wenger's jacking it in at the end of the season - they were talking about the Ozil and Sanchez situation pointing to him "not caring" about what happens past this season.

Also there's still rumblings that Conte is eyeing a move back to Italy at some point - would Carlo go back to the Bridge?

If he has any sense, he'd stay away from West London. They treated him like a orphan considering he is only one of the three managers that have won the Prem for them with the double in his first. Currently third in the Bundesliga and just two games played in the CL, it's ludicrous he got the boot in the first place.