On 8/25/2017 at 16:53, Juanderful said:

That pre-match presentation! Nice.

I'm going for Fifa this year, hopefully the gameplay is decent!

I want to know that first before buying, the demo will be crucial - FIFA's is out on Sept 15th. PES is Wednesday I believe.

14 hours ago, MikeM said:

I want to know that first before buying, the demo will be crucial - FIFA's is out on Sept 15th. PES is Wednesday I believe.

I wish it was that simple for me. Truth is, I already know that PES will have better gameplay (least of all because I tried the online beta, I did mention somewhere). But with the minimal additions to ML means I will pretty much be playing the same ML as 17. Fifa have added some nice additions to their CM (haven't really played it since 15) and Clubs looks a lot better too now also.

Plus, PES always goes on sale late Feb/early Mar on the PS Store for about £17. For the amount of 'game' i'll get, that's much more value for my money. But don't get me wrong, I much rather play PES ahahah

If anything, it's the presentation and licencing that's swaying me towards FIFA this time, especially as apparently MLS has received a lot of attention. I think if the gameplay is decent (maybe not as good as PES) that I'll go with FIFA.

However with previous titles, the demo is often changed by release, so FIFA ends up being a faster more arcade like, game.

It's around this time of year that PES comes into its' own, because with the edit mode and option files on PS4, it's future proof. I already have a completely up to date EPL set for 2017-18.

I have to be honest, the presentation and all the licences actually have won me back over to FIFA - Depending on how the demo plays, but I'll be honest as long as it's semi decent, I'd be prepared to sacrifice a slight edge in gameplay that PES has for the overall FIFA experience.

Night lighting aside, FIFA jumps up and down on PES visually. I love the definite regionalisation of the crowds and things too, as a big MLS fan I'm looking forward to that.

Haven't played the demo yet but I've already pre-ordered the game. The Icon Edition is $80 if you have EA Access & pre-order the game through FIFA 17, so I bought a couple of US gift cards off G2A ($50 + $30, which cost slightly over £58), switched my Xbox's region to the US and then I ordered the game.

In the past I've redeemed the gift card codes through Xbox or Microsoft's website just by switching the region on there, but I read something a few months ago that said they can block that now (even if you use a VPN) so just to be on the safe side I redeemed the codes whilst on my console. 

Had a quick play with the demo at half time. I like it, having missed FIFA17, it feels new and the players have a nice weight to them, obviously I'll tweak the sliders in the full game - but very encouraged with what I'm seeing.

Presentation is absolutely INSANE!!

5 hours ago, Munroe said:

I've only played a couple of matches but it's pretty clear they've made more gameplay improvements than PES has. Dribbling, skills and shooting in particular just feel much better this year. 

There are a couple of things I hope we can fix with sliders, but yeah I'm enjoying it. Cross power is a bit OP at the moment. My corners are coming down with snow on them.

11 hours ago, O said:

It's amazing how silly cunts (myself included) buy this scripted piece of shit every year.

Trust me it's far, far better than PES this year.

You think FIFA has cheating AI? Wait till you play the new PES on higher difficulties.

11 hours ago, MikeM said:

There are a couple of things I hope we can fix with sliders, but yeah I'm enjoying it. Cross power is a bit OP at the moment. My corners are coming down with snow on them.

Think they added a feature like PES where you hold R1 for a  high cross. So try pressing a different button when crossing.

5 hours ago, Burns92 said:

Trust me it's far, far better than PES this year.

You think FIFA has cheating AI? Wait till you play the new PES on higher difficulties.

The online games are scripted, without a doubt.

1 hour ago, O said:

The online games are scripted, without a doubt.

All simulation games are scripted as fuck but with FIFA you at least see some semblance of AI when it cheats, in PES your defenders straight up run out of the pitch leaving an open field for your opponents.

They have also introduced a bullshit selection system where you can control two defenders at the same time; more often than not they just run into each other like Heinze and Evra against Milan.

It's complete bullshit and I can't believe I spent my hard earned money on this trash.

Gameplay wise I don't think this is even close to PES still even though it's made a bigger leap forward this year, no doubt it's the far superior package overall though

I will probably get the Switch version to go travelling with - which is based closely on IGNITE (an adapted version) rather than Frostbite, since I don't play the journey anyway

48 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Do people actually play the journey mode?

I did. It was alright at first. Quickly becomes repetitive before long.

I only play FIFA online really. Started FUT about 2 years ago. Refuse to spend money on coins, but do alright by simply winning divisions and saving up. It is definitely scripted, though. Takes away from the satisfaction of a big win.