The issues with either game are really opposite. FIFA looks amazing to watch (aside from the lighting) but isn't as fluid to play. PES is amazing to play, but barring lighting, it looks inferior to FIFA.

As for Pro Clubs, the only thing EA really cares about now is that stupid FUT trading card game.

15 hours ago, CelticDevil said:

GIVE US 5 A SIDES!!! 

Would kill for a 70s or 80s player DLC of some sort too. 

They have old players in the game, it's xbox one exclusive and you need to spend a disgusting amount of purchasing fifa points to get a single player, never mind a full squad.

They could do so much with the game if they weren't greedy, money-grabbing cunts. I'll still probably buy the game though, consumerist scum.

1 hour ago, aardvarked said:

They have old players in the game, it's xbox one exclusive and you need to spend a disgusting amount of purchasing fifa points to get a single player, never mind a full squad.

They could do so much with the game if they weren't greedy, money-grabbing cunts. I'll still probably buy the game though, consumerist scum.

Didnt realize that was the case, I only remember the legends XI team that was in a couple of them. 

Not played Fifa since 14, ended up really bored of it. Im not very good at it either, so online play was a right frustrating experience. The only mode I was good at was 11v11, I got pretty good at being a goalkeeper and winger. 

Now that I've moved on to playing on PC I could easily mod some old kits into the game but it would be great to have some old teams and kits put in the normal game. On PS3 you used to be able to import fan created teams and I had the late 1970s Leeds and United teams but other than the names of the players they looked nothing like the actual players. If EA put a "Classic Mode" in the game, make the teams themselves and made them photo-realistic i'd buy the game right away.  Can never see that happening though as they just want to push out another game year after year. Mind you even some of the likeness's of current players is absolutely woeful so I dont hold out any hope of them being bothered to add old players in the game. 

1 minute ago, CelticDevil said:

Didnt realize that was the case, I only remember the legends XI team that was in a couple of them. 

Not played Fifa since 14, ended up really bored of it. Im not very good at it either, so online play was a right frustrating experience. The only mode I was good at was 11v11, I got pretty good at being a goalkeeper and winger. 

Now that I've moved on to playing on PC I could easily mod some old kits into the game but it would be great to have some old teams and kits put in the normal game. On PS3 you used to be able to import fan created teams and I had the late 1970s Leeds and United teams but other than the names of the players they looked nothing like the actual players. If EA put a "Classic Mode" in the game, make the teams themselves and made them photo-realistic i'd buy the game right away.  Can never see that happening though as they just want to push out another game year after year. Mind you even some of the likeness's of current players is absolutely woeful so I dont hold out any hope of them being bothered to add old players in the game

Player likeness is getting better each year, though it's still very random which players actually have decent faces on them. The Premier League is the only league where most players have real faces. There are a lot of faces where they've used computer generated images but come reasonably close to an actual likeness and then there are players that look distractingly shit amongst everyone else. Renato Sanches for example:

IbFiTlc.png

The legends are only in Ultimate Team on Xbox One, the chances of finding one in a pack are minuscule. 

FUT is the single biggest killer of FIFA in terms of development and evolution. Several times the game has been released with gameplay issues due to them wanting to keep the pace up - or simply not devoting enough time to the core issues.

Ive always been pro FIFA since I was a kid, even when that period of time when all my mates had PES and PES was sh!ting on FIFA it seems. But I fu*king hate that FUT, never played it never will. All I want to do is play career mode and get battered online occasionally haha

I was hoping that FIFA would carry on the story mode of that Alex Hunter kid. Or do another one, kind of like what NBA2K do.

I remember back in like FIFA 96 or something when they even had indoor football! Im not imagining that am I? haha 

3 hours ago, NoMas said:

Ive always been pro FIFA since I was a kid, even when that period of time when all my mates had PES and PES was sh!ting on FIFA it seems. But I fu*king hate that FUT, never played it never will. All I want to do is play career mode and get battered online occasionally haha

I was hoping that FIFA would carry on the story mode of that Alex Hunter kid. Or do another one, kind of like what NBA2K do.

I remember back in like FIFA 96 or something when they even had indoor football! Im not imagining that am I? haha 

FIFA97.

The Journey trailer is the cringiest shit I have seen from a games company in a long time

Absolutely worthless game mode, I have no idea why they're putting so much effort into it. Imagine how good the career mode could be if they diverted those resources into that instead.

I like the sound of what EA are saying about having different "archetypes" for players - but also individual animations for star players. But EA have never had trouble with talking a good game.

Right now I'm seeing Konami showing stunning gameplay, and I think EA need to address that and show what FIFA18 is really all about. I also hope they've made FIFA more user friendly, because 17 really was overcomplicated at times, especially set plays with runup speed, shot aim, aftertouch all to calculate and execute almost all at once. PES17 seemed to me to be more instinctive.

Did anyone get an invite to the closed beta? Would be in your emails if so.

They have actually made some pretty substantial (well, for EA) to Career Mode and Pro Clubs. So i'm happy! Will pass on PES now until the Spring when I can pick it up for cheap. The gameplay was top as always but they've added nothing 🙃 Meanwhile Fifa just been straight up ripping on PES hahah (Holding R1 for a high cross, mutual pausing in online modes, CM has screenshots and more cut scenes etc)

Any word on the demo release date?

Just now, MikeM said:

Night matches still look dull and washed out, the grass almost should glow under lights.

Also @Juanderful Don't be so sure Konami haven't added to PES.

I only play Master League on PES. They've added next to nothing from what I have read. Unless they've announced some new additions?

6 minutes ago, Juanderful said:

I only play Master League on PES. They've added next to nothing from what I have read. Unless they've announced some new additions?

Traditionally Konami play that sort of thing close to their chests. Online gameplay is all they've really shown in any great detail so far.

Just seen an epic video on Youtube, EA have taken it down, and I presume the poster will never be invited to their beta again.

The presentation now includes fully animated lineup screens like Sky have (where the player walks up to the camera and poses) In terms of aesthetics, it's light years ahead of PES.

Edited by MikeM

The improvements to Career Mode and Clubs were exciting enough, but there's a clip going around that suggests FIFA Street will be in FIFA 18. Definitely a day one purchase this year.